Ratings for Dr. David M. Sibell

If you want to get bet he will go all out for you

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I had the same experience - poor. Left feeling like I had wasted my time. He pretty much referred me to PT and counseling for my pain and achiness. He told me he ran everyday which I found hard to believe. He looks like he eats donuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not a doctor that I would want to emulate!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Total jerk. Would never go back to him .these doctors must have stocks in methadone clinics because leaving suffering people in pain will drive them to street drugs and to methadone clinics. I guess I should be lucky I get oxycodone and muscle relaxers . never will I want to be treated so rudely by a doctor

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Sibell is interested in finding long-term solutions to pain. I recommend him to anyone who is willing to put in the time and energy!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I found Dr. Sibell to be knowledgeable, clear, ready to answer questions, and frank. I'd recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Specialists had only provided me limited success in relieving my cervical pain until I was referred to Dr. Sibell and his team several years ago. This comprehensive approach to pain management is so much more effective. After evaluation and testing, he did my first “denervation”. It lasted 24 months – longer than most, I believe, because I faithfully continued with the exercise program at home customized for me by the PT. I recently had my second denervation and couldn’t be happier. Going from pain managing me to managing it – life is good.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Aweful. Do not got to him. Dismissive. Not helpful. Just wants you to do PT & see psychologist.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Worst experience EVER!! I have experienced chronic back pain for 20+ years and have tried everything from massage therapy to acupuncture. I have just moved to the area from across the country and found him on the OHSU website. I brought my X-rays to him and told him that I had been told by 2 other doctors that I had a disc problem. He told me that he did not see a disc problem and then told me that I did not know what I was talking about. He proceeded to "examine" me by poking me in different places. When I demonstrated pain in each place he told me to get dressed. When he came back he told me that I had Fibromyalgia after spending less than 15 minutes with me. He told me that I needed physical therapy, to see a psychologist ( I am married to one!!) and told me Togo to the bookstore and get 2 books to read!! I left with nothing for the pain and in tears. He seemed so full of himself, did not listen or help. Don't waste your time with this guy. He won't help and makes you feel worse

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I also had a very bad experience with this doctor. He completely ignored me and came to his own diagnosis that was completely wrong. He sent me to PT but it would take a few weeks to get in so he sent me home with some exercises. This is after I'd completed PT twice unsucessfully for the same problem. After a few days my pain was off the charts. I cancelled my PT appt and never went back. I think it's amazing how the good reviews seem to be written by someone who seems to have a good deal of knowledge about medical terminology and is also appearing to "advertise" for the pain program at OHSU. THESE GOOD REVIEWS HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN WRITTEN BY STAFF AND MAY HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY THE PHYSICIANS THEMSELVES!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

After explaining my debilitating history of back pain, I was told that some aches and pains were normal at my age (28) and that I should go to physical therapy (which I had already tried) and go see a psychologist. He also sent me to have tests performed, of which I never received the results until I finally called eight months later to have the receptionist give me my results. Quite possibly the worst experience I have had with a medical care professional. The staff was courteous but ultimately loses points for keeping him on staff, especially so after all of his poor patient reviews. Very troubling experience for me.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. David M. Sibell's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)