Ratings for Dr. Tarick Smaili

I scheduled my surgery with Dr Smiley to do my BBL in Dec 2016. It was scheduled for Feb of 2017, 2 weeks before my surgery date I received a phone call from Andrea saying the doctor had to reschedule to go to Dubai. My surgery had to be a week earlier or 3 weeks later. This should have been an indication of their service but I rescheduled anyway. Once my surgery was over I was in a garment & the next day went to my check up where the nurse removed all the padding from the inside of my garment. I began to feel extreme pain (burning in my stomach on the way home), I realized that because she took out the padding my garment had begun to crease, the pressure felt like a tearing in my stomach. I received a call hours later about 4:30 from Andrea staying that they had given me a small garment and I should have been given a medium (I was 5’8 & 160 at the time). During my first shower I saw they had given me an XS, she was apologetic and suggested I go buy shapewear from a store and wear that instead. They told me they didn’t have the right size to give me but would send it to me house within 72 hrs. As a result of this, I still have dents in my stomach where the garment began to crease and from trying to wear shape wear. The surgery left me with lumps around the inject site or incision on my lower hip/butt area. The doctor didn’t attempt to hide the scar under my butt crease but put it in a very visible stop instead. I also got very small keloid scars on my back, half the size of a pinky nail. I went for a check up to the doctor in November. (8 months later) I wanted to him see the lumps under my butt and scar on my back to see if there was something he could do. I was happy when he said he would inject my back with a steroid to help healing and flatten keloids completely. He did and a day later the ones on my back were flat. Month later they began to itch, as I looked at them I saw that the scars had grown bigger (nickel sized now), lost all skin pigment(big deal because I’m African American), and had dents. The fat tissue had been completely eaten away my the steroid. He never told me if this potential, so was before was a minor concern is now a great embarrassment. Andrea my contact at the California Surgical Institute has stopped responding to emails after saying the doctor can no longer advice me without coming in. I live 8 hr driving away and $350 flying (not to mention hotel cost). He can’t look at the picture of the deformation he made on my back and tell me if there anything that can be done. So now they won’t respond to calls or emails when I ask for a Skype consult and send pictures. Overall my waist went down 2 inches and my butt went up 2 inches. Look good but not a drastic change for $9800 and my butt has no more projection that it did before only a little more hips. What ever you do don’t go to this Doctor, it’s not worth the trouble. He a little cheaper than his competition for a good reason. I am mortified that bikini season is coming up with all the lumps and scars.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I am so glad I found this Doctor to do my BBL. My results are amazing. Take it form me ladies, this doctor is a miracle worker!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I went in for a breast consultation and I really liked the staff especially Edith she was very nice and professional. Dr. Tarick Smaili seem very knowledgeable and experienced. I felt very comfortable with him so I am planning my surgery soon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I love Dr. Smiley's work, I always follow him on Snapchat. His staff is so friendly and attentive- especially Edith. She took her time explaining the process & pricing. She was very perceptive to my concerns. I will be scheduling my work very soon!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Smiley from the first consult all the way to my year end discharge. I had a mommy makeover and it is the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I don’t believe the negative reviews. People!!! Be realistic. Look at what you looked like before your surgery and compare. You cannot compare to a photo shopped pic in a magazine. Anyway, the staff is very caring and had always been there when I needed. I haven’t had to wait too long to see the doctor but I would understand if I had to. It’s a doctors office. I wait an hour everytime I take my son to the dentist. Dr. Smaili has great bedside mannor and I loved his personality. He made me feel safe. It took about two weeks to recover and every day was better than the day before. Now that I am a year out I’m so thankful to the doctor and his staff. I will definitely go back and keep referring everyone to him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Terrible. Says he'll fix his mistakes but then wants to charge you all over again.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Smaili is a terrible surgeon! Please learn from my experience and stay away from having surgery with him. I had a simple breast augmentation done and it is the worst decision I could have made. One of my breast is higher and larger than the other . It looks terrible, and now I have anxiety over wearing a bikini! I tried to schedule a follow up to discuss this with him and now he won't see me anymore! I'm so sad and upset with my experience! I hope this never happens to anyone else!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

The staff is great.. he is not.. had a tummy tuck done and my stomach is not flat.. when I scheduled an appt for follow up to discuss the issue, after I arrived I was told he doesn't see follow ups on saturdays.. well I didn't schedule my own appt his staff did.. I was asked to reschedule and got canceled on 2 more times before finally being seen and all he says is that I'm still swollen after 4 months.. he's says by 9 months the swelling should be all the way down, well it's been 7 months now without change.. let's see how hard it will be to get a follow up appt again.. All he's interested in is social media and TRYING to be Dr. Miami..

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Just I want to resume my review with this Dr smaili is perfectionist to take patients money I have done surgery with him breast augmentation lift and bbl was horrible experience I was cry because l unexpected that results breast wrong size one of my breast more bigger than the other one lift down butt horrible and very huge scar they recommend then scar cream that doesn't work I been used and I have horrible scar the cream is expensive I can't recommend that kind of doctor to anyone specially if it's low income people's and they try to make the dream come real don't believe in those positive reviews l am absolutely sure come from dr smaili business staff I have evidence and pictures from my horrible results in realself.com.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

My advice please don't go with Dr tarick smaili that's true the all 5 start review is from his staff l. I had surgery few months ago and he messed up breast augmentation and lift before surgery we talked about the size and after surgery was totally sad wrong size and horribly scar and lift went down one of my breast is more small than the other one l have evidence and he charge patients for fix the his own mistake that's not far I lost my money .

Submitted April 19, 2016