Ratings for Dr. Melvin S. Stern

Dr Stern has been our pediatrician for all four of my kids over the years and he's awesome. The only doctor I know who goes the extra mile to make a house call to check on my daughter after she fell down the stairs as a toddler, or calls me to check on a child when it's a more serious illness, or goes out of his way on a weekend when he's not on duty to call in a prescription or even see a child. He's very caring of his families, great with the kids, and extremely conscientious and attentive. It's like having the old school doctor who makes house calls! You just have to look past the dated offices to see a really great physician. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Dr. Stern is THE MOST caring pediatrician I have ever come in contact with! In fact I have three children and I drive an hour to see him after being so underwhelmed by local Dr.s. On off hours he always answers the phone personally and has even opened his office on the weekend to see my children. I myself saw him as a child and would never consider leaving his practice. Yes his office may be old, but I will gladly take the over 30 years of caring experience that comes along with it! Flip flops and all!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

His office billed our insurance 9 mo after our appt, and our insurance rejected the claim (since they were past 6 months). He then sent a collections agency after us to recoup the full bill amount, when we were only responsible (and had paid) our co pay! When my daughter was sick I had to call repeatedly to talk to a nurse (no one returned voicemails). Unimpressed with this doctor who only seems to be interested in $ and not patient care. We will NEVER be back.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

His billing staff is one of the worst I've ever dealt with. Very high turnover which results in lost, incorrect or misfiled claims. I never know what we owe and I constantly suspect that I'm overpaying for service. Dr. Stern is very laid back but has trouble staying on time. I've waited as long as 1 1/2 hours with a sick child while listening to him debate politics with a parent in a nearby room. He's a knowledgable caring physician but he seems to let his strong political views drive his health care delivery. My children will soon be teenagers so I'll probably stay with his practice for another year, but I would not recommend him to a friend.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

This office is very sketchy. The office smells old and moldy. Doctor is very unprofessional - he wears shorts and flip flops. We were seeing him for allergy shot appointments for a few months and then called with 24 hours notice to tell me that they weren't going to be doing that anymore. Notice of 14 days or 30 days would have been nice.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr. Melvin S. Stern's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1970)