Ratings for Dr. Nilesh A. Patel

I agree with every review on here that's negative I have had the worst experience and I'm a cash paying patient Jason my advocate is the worst arrogant moron

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

He is s cut and run surgeon. Once you have surgery you will never see him again. And do not have an after hours emergency because no one will call you.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

My experience has been a nightmare! Never saw dr. Patel on the day of my surgery, and despite complications, 2 weeks later I still haven't seen him or even gotten a phone call from someone with more education than a medical assistant. I'm so sorry I chose this doc and truly regret my decision to have him perform this my gastric sleeve surgery.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Don't even think about using this surgeon. On the day of surgery he walked in and reviewed my records without ever acknowledging me or immediate family. Three employees are good to outstanding and I can't understand how they remain with Dr. Patel. Thanks to James, Shannon, and the nutritionist. I have received no calls from his office inquiring about my recovery. The pre-surgery experience was unacceptable. The new RN promised to call me (that was three weeks ago) and of course, I never heard from her. Excuses from the person who answered the phone included; first voice mail doesn't work, her voice mail hasn't been set-up; she doesn't work today; she hasn't come in today, etc. I pray to God that after the drain removal on Monday, I'll never have to see these people again.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Horrible staff. The doctor seems detached. I'm truly afraid to go any further in the process for fear I wouldn't get a response back if my life depended on it. The staff is rude and lie! The person answering the phone at this WLS mill didn't hang the phone up and I heard her tell Heidi, "no, I'll just tell her you're not here and take a message"! Liars, liars, liars, rude, unprofessional and liars!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Broken record: staff very unprofessional, non-educated, inconsiderate. The staff never returns emails and/or voicemails. Office staff is very rude and unconsiderate of patient needs and expectations. Physician does not follow-up with post surgical patients until 3months after surgery and no phone calls from physician and/or staff nuese to check status is ever done. Feeling like a deer in the headlights s/p surgery... this is an awful experience... please choose physician and practice carefully... this is a life altering event without any support:/

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Worst experience of my life my surgery was done wrong sent home to be rushed back to er. Had to have second surgery to correct what dr Patel did wrong. He has horrible staff no one returns calls ,,,

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Im 36 yrs had gastricbypass 01/2009 after est 2wk recovrey period i was still havin servere ab pain. I calld dr patel he said i should no longer b in pain and dismissd my concern. April 2009. I drove myself to ER after mri scan showd bowel obstruction )blockage) was rushd to emerg survery was determind patal twistd my bowl in jan when he did my gbypass the pain was my bowl twisting for two months thus emerg surg april i almost died speak up and listen to ur 6th sence dr isnt always right med malpractice caps out at 250,000 no atty will take the case cause its to exspenive and would exceed 250,000 so all i can do is let people know B CAREFUL this surgery is very dangerous

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

This is a business guy not a doctor. He has more offices than my town has Subways. He's really nice in the beginning but once surgery your no one important. I don't believe he is too busy to say hello, or make rude statements! Did anyone ever wonder how he can be in so many places at once, and if it's safe?

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Staff ignores your voicemails. My care advocate never returned any phonecalls or was always "away at lunch." She didn't seem interested in helping me at all. Dietician was very friendly and helpful. Dr. Patel always seems to be in a rush to get somewhere. Doesn't explain all details fully, pushes the new gastric sleeve. Front staff can be rude and uninterested. My process there has been rather annoying, should have gone to another clinic.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Dr. Nilesh A. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1999)