Ratings for Dr. Triste M. Coulombe

Please don't go see this MD. She cared for my family member and did an awful job, she is not up to date on standard of care for pregnant women over 35. I am disgusted by how she treated my family.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Does not give thorough information or explanations unless you ask all the questions. Long wait for appointments too.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Listens well and has a great personality. Staff was nice but checking in takes a while!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr.Coulombe delivered my son about four years ago. She was ok in the regular appointments, doesn’t give too much info and doesn’t clarify answers the way a professional should. In the delivery room she was an absolute nightmare. She refused to give me drugs and told me to “ toughen up” thus apologizing after she realized I was 8cm and pretty much ready. I had an emergency c- section which she was great and seemed very confident during. Here post baby treatment was awful and I should have taken her to court. Months later we realized my thyroid was off, way off. Instead of sending me to my primary care doctor who was part of her same company at the time, she decided to treat me herself. She gave me a large dose of Synthroid which made me feel so strange I was sent to the hospital. My primary care, Dr.Earp, was disgusted with her actions and said she should not be treating hypothyroidism and if she does you start off with a small dose and work your way up. She should have routed my blood work/paperwork to him instead of just calling me in the evening saying she sent a prescription to my local CVS and this will help. It pains me when I hear people saying they are going to use her as an OB. She should really pack up her things as the talk about town in Newport is that she’s is super unprofessional and a total crap doctor. I use South County Medical Center now for OB/GYNO stuff and they are utterly amazing.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Triste and Marilyn are awesome. Never had a Doctor and a Nurse who are so funny, helpful and nice. Triste always ask how i am, any concerns, questions.... She never rushed thru my appointment. I call the office and i get a call back if Marilyn is unable to take my call. Never had a problem with getting an appointment either. I did have different Obgyn's before and i am so glad i found Triste :)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Triste Coulombe is fabulous along with her staff. She makes me feel very comfortable and answers any questions I may have.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

I love Dr. Coulombe and her staff. I have gone through two pregnancies and births with her in two years and she has always been nothing but helpful, supportive, comforting and kind. She is easy to talk to and always answers my questions with a smile. Marilyn never keeps me waiting, always calls me back in a timely manner. Both times I was admitted to the hospital to give birth, Marilyn personally called my room to check on me and offer words of encouragement and to calm my nerves with lighthearted banter. (She loves to give my husband a hard time, and they like to joke around with each other, too!) the longest I've waited before an appointment was 20 min. And that was only once or twice. Every other appointment was very timely. I love Dr. Coulombe and Marilyn and am shocked at some of the negative reviews of her and her staff on here! I would (and have!) recommend this doctor to friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

I wish I had read the comments from the last year before wasting my time today. She talked down to me after becoming "annoyed" that I was asking more questions. I waited almost a month for the appt with her-wish I would have chosen another doctor to begin with!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Coulombe was my worst nightmare. I came to her with my health concerns and she flat out called me a liar. I would never recommend her. Went to my new obgyn and she assured me that what was happening to me was real and comforted me with my health concerns.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I am very surprised by the comments and notice that the ones with all 5s all mention her nurse. Seems suspicious to me as no other doctor's listings ALL mention the nurse. I left this practice primarily because of Marilyn and have heard the same from every woman I know on the island who uses this practice. I never got call backs, would spend days trying to get in touch with the doctor for complications from my hysterectomy and was belittled when I did get through. Until this I wasn't highly impressed but had no reason to leave. Terrible terrible care.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Dr. Triste M. Coulombe's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1995)

• BCBS Massachusetts