Ratings for Dr. David P. Adkison

Dr. Adkison is the only doctor I will let perform surgery on my shoulders. He has done a reverse shoulder replacement, and he will do my other shoulder. He is a man of integrity and he is knowledgeable. He teaches other orthopedists how to do shoulder replacements. It is true that the staff is a bit slow in calling the patient back, but Dr. Akison is worth whatever I put up with.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I had a reverse shoulder replacement about 2 months ago. The entire experience was outstanding! I would go to no other Ortho period. The hospital, his staff, the surgery, and the recovery were without question the best I have ever experienced. I wish I could give him 10 stars!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I had a shoulder (2013) and knee replaced (2015) by Dr Adkison. It has been life changing as my profession requires physical labor. I am planing to have my other knee replaced soon. Dr. Adkison has a distinguished career and is a pleasure to be around. Thanks for your service to your patience's as well as our country! God Bless!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Great all around. He fixed my shoulder after a terrible dislocation. It went out backwards and hung on my shoulder blade. I don't feel like my shoulder was ever hurt. Works perfect now and you have to look for the scar

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Great Doctor great bedside manner. Repaired both shoulders and eliminated all of my pain. One rotator surgery in 2011 and one in February 2016 back to playing golf regularly in less than four months by following his instructions.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Adkison is excellent! Great bed side manner. Excellent orthopedic surgeon. He performed a total TKA on my left knee in mid January 2015. Prior to surgery intense pain limited my activities. Following surgery , pain relief was imediate. Played 18 holes of golf in early April. Now ( June 2015) am enjoying 3 to 4 rounds of golf per week and all grandfather and yard duties. Dr. A. Is excellent.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Adkison is the best orthopedic doctor I have ever seen. He did scopes on both of my knees and I haven't had any more problems. Tammy is awesome as well. His staff is great. My only complaint would be their follow-up is the worse. You have to keep calling back before anyone will return my call. Otherwise I will not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Adkison did a reverse total shoulder replacement after Dr. Stephen Cowley had installed a hemicap and removed bone spurs with no success. I was in severe pain and Dr. A looked at xrays and saw problem> Now I have almost full range of motion. And about to replace left shoulder. FANTASTIC Doctor and Staff.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I had shoulder surgery with him with great success and no problems.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Dr. Adkison is AMAZING!! I would highly recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems! He fixed what another doc BOTCHED on my 20 year old daughter.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr. David P. Adkison's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)