Ratings for Dr. Philip McGarry

He is a wonderful doctor. Very compassionate and genuine.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I have a family doctor but in a different city. I live next to the clinic Dr. Mcgarry works at. If I can wait I bring my boys to see him on Tuesdays when he is there. He's awesome !!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

He use to be the best but try and get in to see him for get it,my son was sick I was told he can see you in a month and a half. The last 3 or 4 time my kids were sick and I called was told to call back. We have not seen him ourselves in more than a year. Just the other people there . The only one that is good is Bonnie she is so good with my kids,she should get paid more.Don`t get me wrong when you get to see Dr.McGarry he is good .But it has changed so much and should a little kid have to wait to see his doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Dr. McGarry is a true blue very caring kind of guy. He is one Dr. that still makes housecalls. Dr. McGarry treats you as number one, not just a number. He never hurries you out of his office, and even makes the time for other than medical conversations, such as travel. There's no guess work on his behalf as he makes no hesitation to send you for followup procedures, lab tests, xrays, and referrals to specialists. He has your best interests at heart. Dr. McGarry comes from a long line of Doctors in his family and I found all also very caring and professional. In the past in the absence of Dr. McGarry I have been attened by his wife Dr. Hill, and she is also very caring, and knowledgable. On occasion I have had Dr. McGarry phone late at night with test results to ease my mind, and release anxiety waiting for unknown worrying results. I am very lucky to have Dr. McGarry for my Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

My parents took me to Dr Mc Garry when his Uncle was getting very old and about to retire. He remembers everything about you, and is most helpful. I suffer with Graves Disease and a bout of other illnesses and he has stood beside me, listened and cared. He even in an emergency in his office delivered my miscarriage and sat with me while I cried. He's a great Dr and a great man. I honestly consider him a True Gem and a forever Friend. It is a bit of a trial to get in but he is in no certain terms well worth the wait. I owe this man my life many times over.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

This dr is AMAZING! His staff is sometimes cranky but his nurse Bonnie is AWESOME! Even waiting for months for an appt is worth it! He takes his time with you, listens to you and actually CARES! Too bad he is so busy and the clinic sucks, but if you go to see him, he will look after you!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

He has too many patients, it takes approx. 3 months from time of call till appointment. You are told to book an appointment at the clinic. He never used to be like this. If I was sick a couple of years ago, I could book and get an appt. immediately or the next day. I wish I had my old doc back. He seems to have lost interest in his practice. Nice man, but no time for patients.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

dr mc garry is a great doctor and very wise.he does need new office staff as they are very rude!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

such a good doctor, takes extra steps to make sure that everything is fine and cares about his patients. He does try to keep his patients off drugs as well and will remember every detail about each previous condition.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor for the past 25 years. He remembers everything about you and your family. He listens to your concerns and never makes you feel as if you are wasting his time. Very thorough and refers to specialist when necessary. Waiting time for appointment is too long. Not thrilled about having to go to the clinic. I hope he continues to practice for a very long time because I know I will never have a doctor as good as him again.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Dr. Philip McGarry's Credentials

• The University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal