Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Barnes

as a new patient the staff does not return calls even when i said there was an emergency the answering machine said it was common for the staff not to answer even during regular business hours..

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I've known Dr. Barnes for more than 10 years now. He seems to be rather distant and cold during visits but that does not bother me much. He is not a talker. He is punctual and quick at what he does. He returns phone calls. Negatives: minimal patient teaching, EKG nurse was pretty unpleasant. What bothered me the most though was that NOBODY WASHED THEIR HANDS!!! I have never seen anybody at this office wash hands!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I've been using Dr Barnes a long time. Fortunately I've never had a serious issue, but he's always taken my concerns seriously even when they would have been easy to dismiss. He's always been compassionate, respectful, and thorough in investigating the problem. I've never had any difficulty with his office staff; calls have been returned and billing errors have been corrected. His personality is somewhat remote and distant, but his competence makes up for the lack of warmth.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Barnes is highly knowledgeable. He is always right in his diagnoses. Our family has been with Dr. Barnes for many years. He is kind, patient, thorough, and up-to-date. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Barnes and the entire staff at MMH on 34th street are by far THE WORST group I have ever encountered. This may sound biased but I do not go to the Doctors office very often. Barnes was referred to me by my sister who is also a Doctor and said he was great. When Barnes told me I would only be paying $185 for the visit I said ok. He said we would take some blood threw me in the bathroom, never spoke to me after...BUT also never informed me that I would get a bill from Quest Diagnostics for $608!! Now, no one in the office will return my phone calls since Nov 2010! So unprofessional. Even if you have health insurance you should be careful with them. This medical group are the worst in my opinion...THEY are the people that are ruining this great country! :(

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I have been with Dr. Edward Seaward Barnes 11 years and he has played an enormous role in my overall health/well being and seen me through some rocky times. He has never been less than professional, kind and compassionate. I head up HR for a large corporation in NYC and when folks ask me if I can recommend a great internist, Dr. Barnes is the doctor I unfailingly recommend. Alas, I have found the support staff at the Murray Hill Medical Group to be overall unhelpful, disinterested in their job and at times their attitude has bordered on rudeness. If it where not for Dr. Barnes I would have sought out another internist - after all who needs attitude and brusqueness from the reception desk when you are ill.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Excellent doctor, best I've had. Unfortunately he doesn't take Blue cross so I had to leave after 8 years with him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Dr. Barnes is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He listens carefully to my concerns, is extremely knowledgeable, never makes me feel rushed and always returns my phone calls. I know I am getting the best possible care from Dr. Barnes.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

I enjoyed being around Dr. Barnes. The last I know, he was the head of the ED of a good institution as well.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

I am happy with Dr. Barnes. He is knowledgeable and returns calls.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2007

Dr. Edward S. Barnes's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1984)