Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Pollak

I went to this doctor with neck pain, concerned about nerve damage. Exam lasted less than 5 minutes and I was out the door with an Rx for glorified Advil.I later faxed his office a 2 page form from my ins company . About a week later the office called and advised that dr. Pollock insisted that I come in at 4:30 to assist him in the paperwork. I begrudgingly obliged only to have to wait an hour and 45 minutes. When I finally was called to his office he could see my frustration and said "you can see I'm very busy, we try to see people with appointments 1st". When I told him that I Had an appointment (1:45 mins earlier) he replied "oh well you're a same day appointment - that's not what I meant". When I told him "you called ME!" he asked "so what brings you back here". After he filled out the two lines on my form and promised to have his staff fax it ASAP, he attempted to INSIST on giving me a follow up exam. A month later my insurance company advised they never received the fax.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

When I came to Dr Michael Pollak's office the staff greets me with a smile and they are a big help. The waiting room is spotless and the wait time is no longer then fifteen to thirty minutes. Everyone goes out of their way for the patient not like other doctors that I have been to. I have been going to Dr Pollak for about ten years now. The examination that is done is excellent. Dr Pollak has a nice personality. He always checks my blood pressure and has a great sense of humor. DK

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

He is excellent in every aspects of the medical field. He saved my life. Everything ia spotless. He will go out of his way to help and make patients feel at ease. I think he is the best there is. Would not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Both Dr. Pollaks are amazing! RateMds has the most bizarre ratings for all my doctors. I have been seeing Dr. Pollak for 6 years and he is wonderful. He always spends time with me and answers my questions thoroughly. In the past, one of my labs came back abnormal and Dr. Pollak personally made a follow up phone call to discuss. I also had an issue that NO other physician was able to help me with and Dr. Pollak found the cause and with simple treatments, my problem is much better. I have seen both Dr. Pollaks and these are the good guys. I highly recommend them!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

He doesn't seem to be "all there". Ignored me when I said I had an ear infection, didn't prescribe me any medication and said I didn't have one. Well, turns out I did and he just "didn't see it". Had to take off work as a result. Appears to be careless.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

TERRIBLE DOCTOR...TRUST THE OTHER COMMENTS AND GO ELSEWHERE. MISDIAGNOSED ME & BILLED ME UNFAIRLY.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Saw the doctor for an office visit. paid $15.00 co-pay. Sat with 'doctor' for 5 minutes, he took my blood pressure. Got a statement from insurance saying I owe $151.00 for a physical. Called in August and billing dept said they would take care of it. Now in September, a new bill, same physical listed. Smells like insurance fraud.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Basically just echoing most of the other posts, but waiting room was packed with about 10 people at 7pm. I went in for a problem that he misdiagnosed and made worse by prescribing me something I did not need. I also asked for a physical and cholesterol check and he seemed shocked that someone would do that. I got an EKG instead and an insurance bill for the physical. Basically this doctor's office is the poster child for what is wrong with health care.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

My throat was killing me, so I made an appt with the dr. He sent me home and told me it was just a common cold. Three days later, I came back b/c I was coughing so much I couldn't breathe. i had to wait for 2 hours. I asked the receptionist how much longer the wait was. The Dr. finally called me in and told me since I was in a rush, he put me ahead of other patients. He had an awful attitude, and was rude. How could I possibly be in a rush.I was wiating for literally 2 hours! He gave me anti-biotics and sent me home.Because of his misdiagnosis three days earlier, I was sick and out of work for an entire week.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010