Ratings for Dr. Jonathan S. Aranow

Having my surgery with Dr. Aranow was the best decision I have ever made.. It saved my life, and three years later I not only have maintained my weight, but continue to live healthier. It was Dr. Aranow and his staff of professionals, along with those in Middlesex Hospital and the incredible support staff lead by Patty Marteka who made this possible.. I owe my life to them. Nothing but 5 stars here, and I hope my writing this helps someone else down the road.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

I wouldn't trust any else to do my surgery. He is the best

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Aranow is an excellent surgeon. He may come off as arrogant, but You get best in the business. His staff is excellent and very professional. Dr. Aranow is direct and to the point. He does not sugar coat anything. I trusted him with my life and I would do it all over again.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Intelligent, very technologically competent in bariatric surgery.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

I am in the process of getting approval for revision from lap to RNY. Aranow comes across a little arrogant and I feel sometimes downplays my questions (or waives them off as if I would not understand....if that makes sense). I can say I am an attorney and researched Dr. Aranow extensively and felt he was the best choice. I live about an hour away but make the trip so I can work with him. I think he is thorough and makes sure everything is in place before agreeing to do a procedure. Wendy is great. I do find if I don't have the first appointment of the day I wait a long time but he spends time with you - he doesn't fly in and out quickly which I like. Overall he is the only Connecticut surgeon I will go to.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Excellent doctor...will not perform laproscopic surgery only performs large incisions. Had gastric bypass 3 years ago with excellent results..no complications. Attended other hospital seminars and decided Dr. Aranow was the most experienced surgeon with the highest integrity and qualifications compared to the other doctors in the area.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

been waiting for my surgery for SEVERAL months now, they NEVER return my calls and I went through 6 months of preperation with all my appointments, tests, etc.VERY disappointed

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Awesome awesome awesome. Best doc u could ever have!!! Took all the fear out of surgery for me.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

Dr Aranow performed a Lap-Band procedure on me approximately 2 years ago. From day one I was impressed with his honesty and dedication to the disease of obesity. Dr. Aranow may come off as being overly aggressive when you meet with him. You have to remember he is the BEST at what he does and if you're going to be the best you need to be a little cocky. I took this in stride and and eternally grateful for Dr. Aranow helping me get my health and life back.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Dr. Aranow and all of his staff are superb.Julie, Wendy, Lois and all the women at the front are excellent. I never felt so comfortable, and knowledgable at a doctor's office in my entire life! He did my surgery and I would 100% recommend him for anyone thinking of undergoing bariatric surgery:))

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Dr. Jonathan S. Aranow's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Middletown, CT