Ratings for Dr. Teena L. Hughes

I adore Dr. Hughes. My son has been seeing her since he was born and she and her staff treat him with such delicate care. He has always been very fearful of new people but he loves everyone there and is so comfortable in the rooms. I love that Dr. Hughes doesn't always give a prescription. She understands that you can't treat a viral infection with an antibiotic. Ibuprofen and rest are what the patient needs for a viral infection.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

The staff is horribly rude. Especially the referrals manager. She has the WORST attitude and isn't helpful at all. She refuses to do her job. We have yet to see Dr. Hughes, she's not been available. However, the Dr. She sends in her place is nice. Looking for a new pediatrician who will see my child and a staff who is friendly and not rude and angry.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

shes been my babys dr since he was born. as long as hes not sick shes fine but when he gets sick and i take him she makes me feel like she doesnt believe me when i tell her that hes not feeling well. she doesnt write prescriptiond most of the time she will tell me to get over the counter drugs. its like why the hell should i go to her if shes just going to tell me to use tylenol????

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Hughes is wonderful. She listens to my concerns sincerely. I feel like she really takes into account what I'm saying. And her staff is out of this world friendly. We've been patients there for 4 years and the same nurse always takes my kids height, weight and temperature. The biggest thing for me though, is that she listens to my fears and doesn't just blow them off like so many other doctors I have been to.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Teena is a great doctor -- very good with children and a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2006

Dr. Teena L. Hughes's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1991)