Ratings for Dr. K. Chiam-Vimonvat

I hate to give such bad reviews, but I think Dr. Chiam is burnt out and overworked. I had been coming here for years and never felt like I was being listened to and taken proper care of. I now have another doctor and the amount of attention and care I am receiving is restoring my faith in Canada's healthcare. Would not recommend this clinic.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr Chiam is a very knowledgable doctor if she decides to take the time in her appointments to actually take look at her patients properly, I have left the clinic after she told me there was nothing wrong and had to go to emergency the next day due to feeling worse and found out I had a severe throat infection. Her receptionst is the most rude person I have ever met. She doesn't know how to communicate with people and always refuses to give appointments IF she answers the phone. I've been going to Dr Chiam my whole life and am now looking into finding a new clinic

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

She is an excellent doctor IF you can first get in to see her and second if you can keep her attention while in the very rare appointment you can get. I am not a demanding patient I'll maybe see her once every 6 or 7 months but anytime I have really needed to see her she hasn't been available. Makes me think what's a family doctor for if her receptionist is going to tell me to go urgent care for everything.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

My family and I have been with Dr.Chiam for decades. We have found that she has always had poor bedside manner, but in more recent years she has not been even remotely helpful. She doesn't have time to see everyone, so she is always running very late, then once you do get in you are rushed and quite frankly, belittled. If you are not dying (not that she would even check these days) then you are wasting her time. We believe she is simply one of many over-worked, burnt-out doctors in Ontario.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

My family and I have been with Dr. Chiam for more than 12 years. Now that she is having her own floor and her own receiptionist she is busier than ever. I have no problem with Dr. Chiam, but her receiptionist is the most ignorant and rude woman I know. She hangs up on people and just switches your call without your acknowledgement. and this is not just to our family, but to a lot of other patients as well! (we chatted while waiting for our appointments) Dr. Chiam, we beg you to please get rid of her!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

A great doctor with caring mind. Though, I feel very frustrating for the receptionist, Elitherbeth , who is ruining the clinic's reputation. She changed my appointment several times that delays more tan two months. When asking her more about the scheduling, she said she couldn't control it(isn't this her job?) and threatened that If I couldnt understand this, I could change the doctor. Very rude indeed. I don't think this is from the doctor's will that she wants to get rid of some patients. I don't know where to complain about her since I can't reach the doctor directerly.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

In my opinion this is one of if not the best doctor in Ottawa. She is easy to talk to and explains things to you. I would recommend this doctor to anyone with full confidence. I like her receptionists as well, she is extremely nice and professional

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

She is very caring, attentive and funny. She makes sure that a follow-up is been made when needed. I trust her medical opinion and treatment and would recommand her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Everytime I go, she doesn't check for anything, she just says she has the same symptoms and it's normal. I switched doctors, and now I know I'm diabetic

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Chiam for years and she now sees all my children as well. She is caring (often calls at night to make sure we are okay) and ALWAYS fits us in the same day we call. She is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things and to even ask about other aspects of your life. She is the best and despite moving to the other side of the city, I would not change doctors. I would rather drive the distance and know that the doctor I am seeing cares about my health and is very trustworthy. Dr. Chiam is an awesome doctor!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010