Ratings for Dr. Robin P. Blackstone

My daughter had suffered for many years when we thought we had found the answer to our prayers with Dr. Blackstone. She was very compassionate and optimistic. The surgery itself went fine but soon after the complications started and Dr. B became a totally different person. She became rude and insensitive which I can verify to first hand! It got to the point my daughter refused to see her anymore, My daughter had a horrible 5 months but finally with the help of other Drs she is getting better.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Blackstone is the best. She has always been upbeat w/ me as well as kind and considerate. I had several post-op complications. She and Melisa made sure that everything was addressed promptly. I often waited to see her. To me that is a non-issue as she spent as much time with me as needed. If patients need extra time, the others will just have to wait. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

with the most recent post about Blackstone quitting 5 days before surgery, what are you going to do now?

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. Blackstone quit her job 5 days before she was supposed to do my DS

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I had my surgery in December 2011. Best decision EVER!!! Entire staff from receptionists to surgeons were patient, kind, empathetic, and knowledgeable. They pinpointed my problem, explained all options, and helped me choose the right surgery for ME. Someone was always available (or returned a call within 24 hours) if I had questions. I would recommend -- and have recommended -- this practice to others.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Blackstone is obviously a skilled surgeon....however, she has spread herself too thin! My pre-op appointments were not punctual at all. The receptionist is terrific, MOST of the diet/exercise people are terrific as is the psychologist. However the rest of them....should be replaced!! I have only seen Dr. B one time - the DAY OF surgery. The rest of the time, Dr. B's patients see the P.A. I'm really glad I had the surgery, however....I might advise others to shop around a bit to someone who can give more attention. I had no surgical complications and lost 60 lbs in my first 5 months. I'm happy with that! Scottsdale Healthcare Hospital was terrific.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I only got as far as paying for all my tests and doing the majority of the requirements that I was instructed to do. Heather dropped the ball. She does not get back to you and I have been waiting 18 months for surgery. There was always something else or she was out of the office. She did not always answer my questions. I contacted the administrator and was told last year that they would get my paperwork completed and to my insurance provider Arizona Foundation. I called my insurance provider multiple times and still nothing has been submitted. I gave up and now have to go through this process all over again with another surgical center. The very sad part is two of my friends have had surgery with Dr. Blackstone and recommended I go through her practice. I have yet to meet Dr. Blackstone. A complete and total waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I am a health care professional and exercise physiologist with 30 years experience in the health care field. I underwent gastric bypass surgery in 2008 after considerable research into surgical outcomes, overall outcomes, and current state of practice. Dr. Blackstone is both an outstanding surgeon and compassionate professional. She has spearheaded the concepts of the centers of excellence for both pre-operative and post-operative care. Preparation for the surgery takes ~ 1 year if patients follow everything (pre-op psychological, physical, nutritional preparation) according to plan. I've never experienced more than a reasonable wait for office visits, return phone calls, or e-mail. Dr. Blackstone is committed to advancing bariatric medicine by establishing practice standards, conducting clinical research, and by caring for her patients. Choosing Dr. Blackstone and having the surgery has given me both my personal and professional life back. I would do it all over in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

This was the best decision i could have made. From beginning to end this office and Dr. Blackstone was very helpful. I attended Dr. Blackstone's seminar where she was very upfront about the procedure and I felt like when I left I had very good and correct information. The whole process was smooth and I always felt my questions were answered. The care I received was top notch. The wait time was a little long and it would have been nice to see Dr. Blackstone herself more after my surgery. Still I have no major complaints and feel I had top notch care.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Dr.Blackstone has taken on too many patients. After losing a surgeon in her office, she is continuing to do more bariatric surgeries without regard to her other patient who are unable to receive care from her. The last time I saw her was when she left the OR after my gastric banding. I waited 3 1/2 hours for my pre-op appointment. She is never available even when there is a complaint or problem. After paying thousands of dollars my care is being rendered by nurse practioners while she spends her time making hand over fist doing more surgery even though she cannot provide follow up care.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Robin P. Blackstone's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1988)

HealthPartners