Ratings for Dr. Nini Zaw-Tun

Have been with Dr. Zaw-Tun for several years and have found her increasingly less attentive and willing to help. I have an ongoing condition and brought to her attention that I thought my medication needed to be reviewed. She wouldn't listen and then I found out from another doctor, because I couldn't get an appointment with Dr. Zaw-Tun that she misinformed me about my results... I spent a year feeling crappy and it could have been changed with a minor change to my medication.... Very simple solution that she wasn't willing to take. Really, seriously irritating and unprofessional from her. The new doctor was willing to change the meds and is providing follow up appointments with me.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I love dr zawtun she look deeper then the average dr... I have had her for many years... The staff at this clinic are getting better but not where they need to be.. I would recommend her to antone

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Would not recommend her to anyone. My son, then a baby, wasted a year in pain (hives, colic, growth problems, sleep problems, etc.) because she would not admit he had allergies, which I was certain he had. I found a good specialist by talking to another Mom at a playground (!) and asked for a referral, which she was kind enough to give, and this is why I am not giving her the lowest rating on helpfulness, so now my son is in good hands, and yes he had and has allergies, and it is possible we were just in time to start correct treatment to stop the development of his asthma, according to the allergist. Staff are polite but not professional: told us to come in to discuss the results of the test with the Dr., while results were not even in: they could not read the note in my son’s file, in plain English.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

My first visit with this Dr was a meet and greet as I was searching for a new family physician after my Dr of 25 years retired. Discussed with her that I viewed Dr/Patient relationships as partnership. My next visit was a few months later when when I required a refill for an HRT prescription which I had been on for 3 1/2 years. She would only give me another prescription for 1 month and started telling me about the Womens Health Initiative recommendations (which is somewhat controversial and viewed as flawed) I requested she give me more time in order to slowly come off this medication and consideration to other significant circumstances in my life. There was no further discussion and she got up to leave - I asked if we were finished and she just left the room. In the end she gave me a prescription for the wrong amount. Found her to arrogant and condescending - not my idea of a partnership and would not see her again or recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

At first, Dr. Zaw-Tun was excellent in addressing the concerns that I presented to her. She caught the minor scoliosis that my previous doctor missed for 17 years (which resulted in my developing Patellar femoral syndrome) and succeeded in finding a single perscription that works to improve both my depression and my minor ADHD symptoms. Recently though she's been cutting the hours that she works and she keeps moving offices, resulting in it being more and more difficult to get an appointment to see her. When you can get an appointment she seems rushed to address things, taking them as they seem rather than doing more through investigations as she used to.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

Dr. Zaw-Tun was uncaring, assume that absolutely nothing is wrong and everything is in your head.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

Dr. Zaw-Tun was my Dr. for 3 years and she is currently no longer my Dr. I am healthy but has GI problems, Zaw-tun was unable to solve my GI problems but refused to send me to a GI specialist and explained that I would not be seem. I suffered for 2 years until I finally saw another Dr. that sent we to see the GI specialist and I am now so grateful of the other Dr. and can see the difference btn a Dr. that rushes you out every appoint. and does NOT listen and help you problem solve. It turned out I did have a bacteria that was fixed when I was properly diagnosed by a GI specialist. It was such an easy fix with the proper attention and refferal! I am no longer miserable and owe it to my other Dr. for listening and problem solving with me. My other DR. took my comments as concerns unlike Dr. Zaw-tun, I would not recommend anyone to see her for complex problems, she grows tired and she made me feel that I was too focused on my GI problems.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

Great demeanor and knowledge. She is kind and gentle with my children and offers very thorough examinations and has a good sense of when to prescribe further treatment/specialist's care.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

I found Dr Zaw-tun to be dismissive and condescending. I have chronic disease that is best addressed by a doctor/patient team. Dr Zaw-tun was not willing to address my concerns, answer my questions or discuss her diagnoses. After seven months of frustration I found another doctor in the same clinic.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr Zaw-Tun is fantastic. SHe has been our family doctor for over 5 years and we will follow her anywhere for her services. ALthough the current location is far for us (45 minutes) we really like the staff much better and Dr Zaw-Tun seems so much happier and for that we are glad. Dr Zaw-Tun we'd recommend you to everyone. The Campbells

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008