Ratings for Dr. Paul Marck

Dr Marck was fine during first appt. However he did refer to a different ENT as a "prick" which was surprising and unprofessional. He sent me to an audiologist to test hearing and dizziness. The office canceled and appt and when I went to rebook to receive my results it was a 3 month wait to tell me everything is fine with my ears I need to get a referral for a neurologist! I was pretty upset I had to wait 3 whole months to get those results.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

First appointment with Dr. Marck. So far he was so open and friendly with a disarming and very human demeanour. I was nervous and afraid as I have had other Specialists make me feel very inferior and afraid. He took time to listen and is very willing to help. I am so grateful. I had lost hope and was reluctant to get more help as my previous experiences were so terrible. (not to mention gave vague and bad reports which affected my healthcare and perpetuated further injury). Great staff and office. Comfortable atmosphere and great sense of humour. Caring.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I picked him after a 2nd attempt to get a diagnosis after MRI confirmed that I had a growth on the nerve in my ear. 1- he listened to me, not talking over me, he confirmed what I thought was going on. I'm glad I searched him out. We still have a ways to go, but both my husband really like his humour. Staff is super sweet.. I've seen a few ENT.. Take the chance, I think u will be happy

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I had surgery with Dr. Marck at the end of January and He was amazing!!! made me feel really comfortable. Follows up were quick and easy too! HIGHLY RECOMMNED

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

This guy seems to have a lot of experience and credentials. I am booked to see him. Anyone know what an associate professor at the U of C does? I am a blue collar person and am not familiar with this title or his many other credentials. Any help would be great appreciated. I AM SCARED OF DOCTORS.

Submitted February 25, 2016

After reading many of these reviews I had to write mine. Dr. Marck did my nose surgery over 5 years ago and it went perfect. He also did surgery on my wife a few years ago. The hospital had no trouble getting in touch with him during the night with questions. He is very knowledgeable about his field, despite what some people say on here. It's possible that his approach is unexpected by many. He tells it like it is. If something is unimportant, he tells you exactly that. He can come off as a little rude at times, but it all depends on how you take it. If he is busy or had a troubling day, he can also be a little rude and sometimes will not want to listen to your concerns. Despite that, he is very personable, if you have a decent personality yourself. He is actually quite funny, very smart and likes to talk about everything. Just don't expect a debate if you see him in the middle of the day. He is very busy! As for his staff: Amy has always been great. She is very cute , sweet and friendly. It's always a pleasure seeing her. Melanie is also very nice, a little too nice sometimes. She calls everyone "Honey" A LOT! She means well, but as my mom told me once, "If everyone is a Honey, no one is a Honey" Despite that, she is very helpful, prompt and easy to deal with, unlike many other receptionists I have seen. I recommend Dr. Marck for anything ENT!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Excellent, friendly staff, very knowledgeable, no waiting - couldn't ask for a better specialist.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this doctor. I was sooooo nervous about my appointment, when I got there the staff were very friendly. I was put in the exam room with my mum and when Dr. Marck came in he really put us at ease, he joked around with us, but was serious when it came to what was wrong with me. He explain what was wrong and what he was going to do, then I got mu surgery date a month later. I also have a pre-existing condition and the day of the surgery he came in to see me and explained what was going to happen next and who was going to come see me... I had two other people come see me and explain how it was all going to go. Everything when well, they had more to do to me than antisipated and treated me well. I had a check up a week later and everything was good, he told me I would have pain and stuff coming out for about 6 weeks, he told me to rest and don't over do it. You people that are complaining about him were probably rude yourself to him and got off on the wrong foot, but then everyone has different experiences with different people and situations. I would recommend Dr. Marck to anyone for any kind of ENT problem they have. Thank you Dr. Marck for taking very good care of me.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

To refer to Marck as “Dr” would be disrespectful to all other medical doctors. This man is rude, obnoxious and disrespectful. I waited 11 months for an appointment that was rescheduled a couple of times by his office. I finally get to my appointment and kept waiting another 35minutes. While waiting I answered a phone call and at that moment Marck walked in. He told me off as I was rushing to hang up the call, and he stormed out. He returned 5 minutes later to bark at me that he had a strict no cell phone policy and that he would not see me; he stormed out again. My fault for not seeing the no cell phone policy on the receptionist’s desk and answering a call. But what a rude person to have not respected MY time and keeping me waiting 35 minutes (I left my office from downtown to drive to the SE, wait and not see him) and then told off for not adhering to his policy. This man has a God complex and frankly if he can fly off the handle like a lunatic over a patient using a phone, then he does not have the temperament of someone who should be treating or operating on patients. I am happy to have found this out in advance. I feel a bit sorry for him…he must be leading a miserable life to have to treat others so poorly. The assistant’s response on my way out when I complained about being kept waiting so long and then being asked to leave was that I was rude to him so he could be rude to me. No class or maturity.

Submitted December 4, 2015

The entire staff in the office is helpful and thoughtful and puncutal. Dr. Marck has been my surgeon for several years, and he takes time to answer my questions when I ask them. He is a straight-to-business kind of doctor, but I do not feel rushed during my appointments with him. He has been direct but respectful when he has needed to hold me accountable to not caring for my ear health in a responsible way. He is thorough and attentive: he knows what my issues are, and he knows his limitations as well the possibilities that he can offer. He and his staff treat me with respect while they join me on my journey of slowly losing my hearing.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015