Ratings for Dr. Paul Marck

Had a confirmed appointment. Received a call from the clinic an hour before stating that the appointment was cancelled because of an emergency. Have called multiple times to reschedule. No answer, no voicemail.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2019

I am so surprised and feel ashamed by the way how the receptionists treated me .i would never come to this office again. After one hour drive to get to the office ,I was told that my appointment was cancelled because they did not receive my confirmation .I showed them my confirmation via email and questioned how this happened?The receptionists simply asked me to reschedule or leave "right now "or they will call police. Definitely no apologies,no sympathy ,no respect.

Submitted June 12, 2019

professional Ent with lot of experience .just last week he fixed my deviated septum and trim uvula.now after 10 days i am feeling great.lucky to.found such a professional

flag | Submitted May 24, 2019

Excellent surgeon, concise and to the point with still retaining a sense of humour and with excellent results.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

I got referred to Dr Marck after my ENT accidentally burnt through my septum, which had grown quite large. It has been affecting my breathing, and causes me to be out of breath constantly (which my other ENT kept denying was the cause). Dr Marck was very to the point, I like his manner, and he totally understood what my issues were. I could have cried with relief, that he is so different to my original ENT and listened to all my previous concerns and can help me.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

I don't know if this doctor has any knowledge or not. He literally spent less than one minute talking with me. i had lots of questions about what to do about my symptoms but he acted impatient and wanted to get me out of the office in less than one . minute flat. He got his money for a consultation that lasted a total of 30 seconds. It's clear he only cares about the money and not the patient. His receptionist repeatedly referred to me as 'hun and 'honey', which is rude and unprofessional. I am never going back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Went to Dr. Marck as I had broken my nose playing sports. The right side of my nose was collapsed and in turn I had breathing problems on the left side. He confirmed that I had a broken nose and deviated septum and would fix me up. He seemed knowledgeable and I had read the reviews about his bedside manner, but didn’t find he was unprofessional. More like a super casual “ski bum” and maybe had partied a little too hard the night before. Anyway, I went ahead with the surgery, not trusting my gut or thinking to get a second opinion as this is who my family doctor referred me too. (I later discovered that she didn’t personally refer him, per say, my name just went into a hat and he was the next available.) Just before I went under for surgery I remember saying “and you WILL fix this”, pointing to the collapsed right side. “Yes” being his response. Fast forward a week later and he’s taking off my splint and gives me the mirror to check things out. Literally it was exactly the same! He reassured me that things would settle, swelling would go down, etc. So, I trusted him. Fast forward to my last follow up which was approximately 6 months later and my nose looks exactly the same but with a NEW bump in the middle! And with slightly better breathing. Nope he reassures me, the bump will go away, it’s just part of the healing. Now, here I am almost 18 months later, still with a collapsed right side, new bump and a weird divot at the top of my nasal bones. On top of this it is still very sensitive. Any slight bump and it feels like my nose may collapse into my face! Time for a second opinion. The new doctor confirmed what I thought and then some. My nose looks collapsed still because the cartilage is still pushed over to the left. I STILL have a deviated septum (explains clogged feeling higher up in my nose!). And the divot I feel up top is actually from my previous surgery where Dr. Marck didn’t set it properly and it’s actually the two nasal bones sitting on top of one another! And the new bump is the cartilage fallen from the right side. So, to fix this I now need to have surgery again which will include rebreaking the two bones and taking a rib for cartilage from a CADAVER (my ears are too small to use my own cartilage) to rebuild my collapsing nose! And again correct the deviated septum. I was shocked to say the least. This is a warning to do your research! Get a second opinion and most of all trust your gut. The new doctor is extremely knowledagle and pointed out exactly what was wrong - and it all makes sense, matching up to my symptoms and appearance. Hopefully he can get my nose back to where it was, but I must say I am now extremely nervous and hope this doesn’t open up a whole new slew of problems or a continuation of my nose collapsing.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

My case is old from 2003. Went in to fix my breathing problems and while I was there asked if he could straighten out my nose a bit and he agreed and I was surprised to how fast he agreed and never mentioned to charge me for the cosmetic part maybe because he wanted the practice. Anyway he didn't mess up my nose but totally did more then I expected or that we talked about. He made my nose shorter, narrower and smaller in every way even my nostrils were smaller and the inside of my nose was smaller too. I went back to his office and told him my breathing got worst and how is making my nose smaller on the inside suppose to help me breathe better and he replied that this is how its suppose to be done which totally didn't make sense. I fell into depression for a long time and didn't like the new nose he gave me, I felt like it changed my whole face and when I went back to him looking for some kind of hope he just told me "well ur going to have to live with it and I didn't even charge you". My breathing is still worst to this day and I always wish that I never asked him to straighten my nose.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Hands down best ENT in Calgary, I've been a patient for 8 years now and have had a few surgerys with him, every time I feel like I am in the best of hands, very caring and professional. Love him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Disappointed with the patient care. Was going for many years and wasn’t treated well.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017