Ratings for Dr. Paul Marck

I picked him after a 2nd attempt to get a diagnosis after MRI confirmed that I had a growth on the nerve in my ear. 1- he listened to me, not talking over me, he confirmed what I thought was going on. I'm glad I searched him out. We still have a ways to go, but both my husband really like his humour. Staff is super sweet.. I've seen a few ENT.. Take the chance, I think u will be happy

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

This guy seems to have a lot of experience and credentials. I am booked to see him. Anyone know what an associate professor at the U of C does? I am a blue collar person and am not familiar with this title or his many other credentials. Any help would be great appreciated. I AM SCARED OF DOCTORS.

Submitted February 25, 2016

After reading many of these reviews I had to write mine. Dr. Marck did my nose surgery over 5 years ago and it went perfect. He also did surgery on my wife a few years ago. The hospital had no trouble getting in touch with him during the night with questions. He is very knowledgeable about his field, despite what some people say on here. It's possible that his approach is unexpected by many. He tells it like it is. If something is unimportant, he tells you exactly that. He can come off as a little rude at times, but it all depends on how you take it. If he is busy or had a troubling day, he can also be a little rude and sometimes will not want to listen to your concerns. Despite that, he is very personable, if you have a decent personality yourself. He is actually quite funny, very smart and likes to talk about everything. Just don't expect a debate if you see him in the middle of the day. He is very busy! As for his staff: Amy has always been great. She is very cute , sweet and friendly. It's always a pleasure seeing her. Melanie is also very nice, a little too nice sometimes. She calls everyone "Honey" A LOT! She means well, but as my mom told me once, "If everyone is a Honey, no one is a Honey" Despite that, she is very helpful, prompt and easy to deal with, unlike many other receptionists I have seen. I recommend Dr. Marck for anything ENT!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this doctor. I was sooooo nervous about my appointment, when I got there the staff were very friendly. I was put in the exam room with my mum and when Dr. Marck came in he really put us at ease, he joked around with us, but was serious when it came to what was wrong with me. He explain what was wrong and what he was going to do, then I got mu surgery date a month later. I also have a pre-existing condition and the day of the surgery he came in to see me and explained what was going to happen next and who was going to come see me... I had two other people come see me and explain how it was all going to go. Everything when well, they had more to do to me than antisipated and treated me well. I had a check up a week later and everything was good, he told me I would have pain and stuff coming out for about 6 weeks, he told me to rest and don't over do it. You people that are complaining about him were probably rude yourself to him and got off on the wrong foot, but then everyone has different experiences with different people and situations. I would recommend Dr. Marck to anyone for any kind of ENT problem they have. Thank you Dr. Marck for taking very good care of me.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

To refer to Marck as “Dr” would be disrespectful to all other medical doctors. This man is rude, obnoxious and disrespectful. I waited 11 months for an appointment that was rescheduled a couple of times by his office. I finally get to my appointment and kept waiting another 35minutes. While waiting I answered a phone call and at that moment Marck walked in. He told me off as I was rushing to hang up the call, and he stormed out. He returned 5 minutes later to bark at me that he had a strict no cell phone policy and that he would not see me; he stormed out again. My fault for not seeing the no cell phone policy on the receptionist’s desk and answering a call. But what a rude person to have not respected MY time and keeping me waiting 35 minutes (I left my office from downtown to drive to the SE, wait and not see him) and then told off for not adhering to his policy. This man has a God complex and frankly if he can fly off the handle like a lunatic over a patient using a phone, then he does not have the temperament of someone who should be treating or operating on patients. I am happy to have found this out in advance. I feel a bit sorry for him…he must be leading a miserable life to have to treat others so poorly. The assistant’s response on my way out when I complained about being kept waiting so long and then being asked to leave was that I was rude to him so he could be rude to me. No class or maturity.

Submitted December 4, 2015

The entire staff in the office is helpful and thoughtful and puncutal. Dr. Marck has been my surgeon for several years, and he takes time to answer my questions when I ask them. He is a straight-to-business kind of doctor, but I do not feel rushed during my appointments with him. He has been direct but respectful when he has needed to hold me accountable to not caring for my ear health in a responsible way. He is thorough and attentive: he knows what my issues are, and he knows his limitations as well the possibilities that he can offer. He and his staff treat me with respect while they join me on my journey of slowly losing my hearing.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Having suffered from chronic ear infections my whole life I was finally referred to an ENT in 2004, Dr. Marck did all the necessary tests and got me into to surgery two weeks after the results to preform a VERY lengthy and complicated surgery. During my two day stay he managed to come check on me at lead once everyday. I have had other surgeries with him as well, all a success. I have seen him ever since and was told I will be seeing him till he retires. The office staff are the best of the best! We almost connect at a level related to a good frinedship. Recommended!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I recently had large polyps removed by Dr Marck. After months of pain and chronic sinus infection I finally failed a medical required by the sand blasting and coating company I was working for and could not hide how ill I was from my employer any longer. The company fired me and terminated my insurance before I could even walk to my car. My Doctor, who had successful polyp surgery, thought this might be my problem and referred me to his specialist Dr. Marck. Dr Marck immediately identified the problem as polyps and recommended surgery. A month after the polyps were removed fluid is still draining from my previously plugged mucus ducts. My sense of smell, balance, general health and hearing are all slowly returning. Any type of surgery on these areas may not be a quick fix. Be patient and follow the post op advice.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Dr. Paul Marck's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I picked him after a 2nd attempt to get a diagnosis after MRI confirmed that I had a growth on the nerve in my ear. 1- he listened to me, not talking over me, h..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery with Dr. Marck at the end of January and He was amazing!!! made me feel really comfortable. Follows up were quick and easy too! HIGHLY RECOMMNED"

March 17, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "This guy seems to have a lot of experience and credentials. I am booked to see him. Anyone know what an associate professor at the U of C does? I am a blue col..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After reading many of these reviews I had to write mine. Dr. Marck did my nose surgery over 5 years ago and it went perfect. He also did surgery on my wife ..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent, friendly staff, very knowledgeable, no waiting - couldn't ask for a better specialist."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this doctor. I was sooooo nervous about my appointment, when I got there the staff were very friendly. I was put in the exam room with my mum..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "To refer to Marck as “Dr” would be disrespectful to all other medical doctors. This man is rude, obnoxious and disrespectful. I waited 11 months for an appointm..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The entire staff in the office is helpful and thoughtful and puncutal. Dr. Marck has been my surgeon for several years, and he takes time to answer my questions..."

November 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Having suffered from chronic ear infections my whole life I was finally referred to an ENT in 2004, Dr. Marck did all the necessary tests and got me into to sur..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had large polyps removed by Dr Marck. After months of pain and chronic sinus infection I finally failed a medical required by the sand blasting and c..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been suffering for over a year. Waited 5 months to see him and another 3 for surgery. He did sinus surgery and with in a month my ears feel like they are..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Marck performed a right stapedectomy for me. The result has been excellent. I appreciated his wry sense of humour and practical approach to his practice. H..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Difficult to rate his knowledge as he spent so little time with me it's hard to know if he had any brains or not. Certainly has NO personality, was always rus..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Funny guy, very knowledgable. Looking forward to my next appointment. His girls are lovely and hot!"

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had surgery with Dr. Marck. LOVE HIM AND HIS STAFF. I have to laugh at all the comments about his humor. Seriously people, who cares if he is funny ..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to Dr,Marck from Cochrane by another Dr. who says he is good and has worked on his sinus problem, Looking forward to meeting him as I am in great p..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Marck has been my ENT for three years now. The wait to see him is long but worth it. I have had a sinus polpectomy twice now and while he can't prevent them ..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "IN MY LIFE FIRST TIME C VERY RUDE DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF AT DOUGLES GLEN CLINIC."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Marck for over 10 years, and he has always been very helpful for me. He has put tubes in my ears numerous times (every time the tubes co..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I just got a confirmation letter for a first appointment. This guy is booked up for 7 months just to see him. Anyone know what the surgury wait is? I cant get..."

December 25, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "A doctor with bedside manners as bad and rude as Dr. Marck's deserves revoking of license to practise. I have rarely seen a doctor with such an arrogant and apa..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Few days ago i've tried to set-up an apppointment with this doctor online. The reply message i recieved from his administrative staff was very rude and not cons..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best specialist ever in all kind of categories"

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I know that nobody is perfect, we all want good and fast service,but I been a patient of Dr Marck for 14 years never had a bad experience with him or the staf..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "It has been extremely difficult to get in touch with the office since more than 5 years I had been involved. They can cancel the appointment at a short notice o..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe the two stupid reviews in regards to the phones. It's a very busy specialists office and everytime I've been there the staff member are always ..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Probably the worst office to get in touch with ! Whenever you call the office nobody ever answers the phone and you have to listen to a list of options before y..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst office I have ever encountered with regard to not being able to reach anyone. I have never encountered a medical office that almost never picks up the ph..."

October 7, 2014