Ratings for Dr. Paul Marck

I am sure Dr. Marck is a fine individual, however I neve got to see him as was stopped at the door by the very rude receptionist who claimed that I had not confirmed my appointment via an email she may never have sent. She even lied to my family doctor about my behaviour - a lie he did not believe as he has known me for years and that what she claimed I did would be completely out of character. Judging from the other comments here, however, being rude seems to be completely consistent with hers .

Submitted January 30, 2017

Wish I could give negative stars. Never saw the doctor and would not want to meet that condescending receptionist. Be warned do not complain about the receptionist as she will call your family doctor to inform them that you will not be welcome and will not let you make a booking ever again. From the review about how the doctor treats his patients, my guess is he would be no better. I had begged my family doctor to find me someone else before I complained about the receptionist and I was blacklisted at Dr. Marck's

Submitted January 25, 2017

Based on my experience- he is useless. Never looks in your history. My MRI showed an issue and I he has never mentioned that. I had to ask if any issue after 10 month. Really?

Submitted December 16, 2016

Everyone is so pleasant and accommodating. ..the doctor has wonderful bedside manner and a smile every time I see him

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr Marck was fine during first appt. However he did refer to a different ENT as a "prick" which was surprising and unprofessional. He sent me to an audiologist to test hearing and dizziness. The office canceled and appt and when I went to rebook to receive my results it was a 3 month wait to tell me everything is fine with my ears I need to get a referral for a neurologist! I was pretty upset I had to wait 3 whole months to get those results.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

First appointment with Dr. Marck. So far he was so open and friendly with a disarming and very human demeanour. I was nervous and afraid as I have had other Specialists make me feel very inferior and afraid. He took time to listen and is very willing to help. I am so grateful. I had lost hope and was reluctant to get more help as my previous experiences were so terrible. (not to mention gave vague and bad reports which affected my healthcare and perpetuated further injury). Great staff and office. Comfortable atmosphere and great sense of humour. Caring.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I picked him after a 2nd attempt to get a diagnosis after MRI confirmed that I had a growth on the nerve in my ear. 1- he listened to me, not talking over me, he confirmed what I thought was going on. I'm glad I searched him out. We still have a ways to go, but both my husband really like his humour. Staff is super sweet.. I've seen a few ENT.. Take the chance, I think u will be happy

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I had surgery with Dr. Marck at the end of January and He was amazing!!! made me feel really comfortable. Follows up were quick and easy too! HIGHLY RECOMMNED

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

This guy seems to have a lot of experience and credentials. I am booked to see him. Anyone know what an associate professor at the U of C does? I am a blue collar person and am not familiar with this title or his many other credentials. Any help would be great appreciated. I AM SCARED OF DOCTORS.

Submitted February 25, 2016

After reading many of these reviews I had to write mine. Dr. Marck did my nose surgery over 5 years ago and it went perfect. He also did surgery on my wife a few years ago. The hospital had no trouble getting in touch with him during the night with questions. He is very knowledgeable about his field, despite what some people say on here. It's possible that his approach is unexpected by many. He tells it like it is. If something is unimportant, he tells you exactly that. He can come off as a little rude at times, but it all depends on how you take it. If he is busy or had a troubling day, he can also be a little rude and sometimes will not want to listen to your concerns. Despite that, he is very personable, if you have a decent personality yourself. He is actually quite funny, very smart and likes to talk about everything. Just don't expect a debate if you see him in the middle of the day. He is very busy! As for his staff: Amy has always been great. She is very cute , sweet and friendly. It's always a pleasure seeing her. Melanie is also very nice, a little too nice sometimes. She calls everyone "Honey" A LOT! She means well, but as my mom told me once, "If everyone is a Honey, no one is a Honey" Despite that, she is very helpful, prompt and easy to deal with, unlike many other receptionists I have seen. I recommend Dr. Marck for anything ENT!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016