Ratings for Dr. Paula A. Randolph

Terrible returning calls. Seems very knowledgeable, but did not explain tests and did not return calls when I was calling to get results. I was very disappointed as she had been recommended to me by my primary care physician - who I have been going to for 20 years. She might know her stuff, but if she does not explain it to you or call you back with test results, all her knowledge is of no help to her patients. The staff seemed ok, but when I called to say I wanted my tests results sent to me so I could go to another doctor, they first claimed they weren't in my file and had to look for them in the hospital's website. Strange, since she was the referring physician. Therefore can't even judge the staff.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Randolph delivered 2 of my 4 children. She was absolutely the best. Very knowledgeable, patient and friendly. She takes time to get to know her patients.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Such an incredibly supportive and competent doctor with great integrity.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

What a great experience with Dr. Randolph on just my first visit. Very professional with great bedside manners. I have a complicated family medical history and she was the one doctor who actually took the time to both understand the background as well as develop a plan for monitoring going forward. Would highly recommended her already.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Just called to make an appointment about something rather urgent, asked if there was an appointment in the next week instead the next month. The response from the front desk is - no, sorry, she's very popular. I don't treat my body and decided using a popularity contest - TURN OFF. unfortunate, because I'm need of a second opinion, don't need it from someone who is popular, but someone who cares and has integrity. Thanks, but no thanks.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. Paula Randolph is JUST AWESOME! She is super caring, friendly and she knows what she is talking about. She always remembered me and all my medical history. I saw her during my both pregnancies and I am absolutely happy with her. Very sad that I am moving and won't be able to use her as my doctor. During my second pregnancy I was on bed rest and she was always there to answer any question or concern I had. I needed to be delivered early because of low fluid, but she made sure my baby was fully developed (lungs) before she gave me the green light. I was a nervous wreck and she always found the way to make me feel better. 100% recommended!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Felt forced and rushed to make critical decisions. Had a horrifying delivery with little to no emotional support. Felt like a science experiment to show the columbia students rather than a human giving birth to a baby.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2010

I have had Dr. Randolph since I can't remember when. And I am going to make an appointment with her soon, very soon. She is intelligent, honest, knowledgeable about gynecological issues whoever the woman is. I happen to be a lesbian and had no problem telling her so--lo, these many years ago when I first went to see her. She just asked me had I read OUT BODIES OURSELVES, which I had--but I was impressed that she knew it. She's good.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Dr. Randolph is wonderful! She is sensitive, kind, caring and very willing to answer your questions or concerns. Medically, she is top notch. Yes, it can take a long time to get an appointment for a check-up but if you plan ahead and don't wait until you are two weeks away from the date your next regular check-up should be scheduled to call - you won't have a problem.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

Dr. Randolph is an amazing doctor to have, and should I ever decide to have a baby, I know I'm in great hands. However, trying to get someone to pick up a phone or even answer email requests for appointments are quite futile. A couple of years ago, the office implemented a reservation/communication application system called RelayHealth... I have used this system only to not have any reply to my requests. I don't know if Dr. Randolph is short-staffed in the administrative area and needs to assign one extra person reservation duties, but this is very annoying. I've been waiting for two weeks for someone to tell me whether or not I can get a pap smear appointment with Dr. Randolph. There is nothing wonderful about her administrative staff. If they are wonderful to some, it's very clear that they are very selective as to whom they choose to be pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

Dr. Paula A. Randolph's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1983)

HealthFirst