Ratings for Dr. ARAVIND Sankar

My father was diagnosed with cancer 6/18/16 and admitted to a hospital in Austin where he sat for 2 days before seeing the surgeon. An internist and orthopedic surgeon had visited and were very helpful, but Sankar was supposed to be the main surgeon. He was seen in the hospital by one of the doctors on 6/19 and was asked to see my father. He never showed. He was asked again the next day and finally arrived in the late afternoon. Admittedly, my father can be a handful, but a doctor should be able to keep his cool and be professional. When my father disagreed with Sankar's plan to leave two tumors in my dad's leg just so they could use it as an indicator of how radiation is working, my father disagreed and insisted that they remove all tumors possible. To this, Dr. Sankar said "you have stage 4 cancer, you're going to die anyway". Shortly after, he left and said a flippant "Take care guys!". He left both of my parents' spirits broken. Later when they spoke with the original Dr., he said Sankar had no right to say that as they don't even have test results back and the oncologist hasn't seen him. So this horribly insensitive comment was not even based on real facts. The original Dr. agreed to get him a new surgeon the following day. I will be contacting hospital administrators in the morning and making a formal complaint with the AMA or any other board I can find. PS - the site forces ranking for office staff, although we have never been to his office.

Submitted June 21, 2016

I can not be more impressed w/any doctor as i am with Dr. Sankar. Amazing...he is where he is at in his field for a reason...truly awesome. As he is seeing me after a post op appt for gallbladder removal my appt slide till later in the day....WHY? because he was doing a kidney transplant. Here i am worried about my little incision as he is trying to save someone's life and i got to shake his hand. i let him know how amazing i think he is for the knowledge and determination and yet humble. A doctor with this type of talent to save ppl's lives and not arogant? amazing...wonderful. Dr. Sankar came to me highly recommended and i am telling you ...truely amazing work this man does with his hands. great nurse that contacts you asap...wow who would have known that doctors like this actually exist. Katrina Turner

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Professional and impeccable in his person and grooming. Exuding an air of authority and expertise. However, it was very difficult for me to express my concerns about the treatment options he provided. When I questioned or challenged him, he displayed a mild belligerence, defensiveness and arrogance. He did hear me out, but I was skeptical of his wanting to perform immediate surgery without being willing to consider options. The next day his partner saw me and actually spoke with me took the time to examine my records and test results and felt strongly that surgery was not recommended. I'd recommend getting a second opinion, as it was my experience that Dr. Sankar was too quick with wanting get his patient under the knife.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

very knowledgeable, very helpful in diagnostic procedure, very interested in all he does.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2007

DR.Sankar is absolutely amazing. He has wonderful concern for his patients. I honestly was giving up on hope for Dr.s in general due to bad experiences & he showed me that there are some Doctor's that really are concerned for thei patients. If I ever needed surgery again he'd be my choice & I'd reccomend going to him.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

Dr. ARAVIND Sankar's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1995)