Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Evans

The out front staff is cool, not welcoming. They seem bored and not liking their job. Dr Evans is LATE, always and VERY late. I waited more than an hour each time I saw him , often about an hour and half. He does not appear to care about respecting other people's time who are also professional and very busy. No apologies either when "His Honor" finally shows up to "Hold court." If you even respectfully question or challenge him on anything, he has a hard time accepting that, even when something fairly concerning or troublesome is or has happened. He has done 3 procedures for me. The second one did not work and had to be redone. Of course there was "justification" on his part for this. Then, when it was done a second time, there were some serious life threatening side effects, including infections that sent me to the ICU a few days later. I had been in his office the day before I had to go to ICU for sepsis and the staff did not check my urine for infection...unforgivable. The infections would not have occurred had the first major procedure worked as it should have. Of course he was defensive and justifying, and said that I was not responding to the repeated procedure as I had been led to expected. As a result of my lack of trust and confidence in him and the disrespect by him of the time of his patients I told him I was not pleased with my experience and I would be leaving to seek another urologist. I have since done so and that person recommended something that has been very helpful and was never mentioned by Dr Evans or his staff. He seemed concerned that I might be about to file a suit, which I have not done and will not do. I do this instead hoping for him that "His Honor" might learn something that would help him.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

I love Dr Evans! He has helped me in so many ways with his knowledge and with the help of knowing the best treatment for interstitial cystitis.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Evans for over a yr. He is so wonderful, and explains things to me. He has helped me out so much, my last Urologist was a dick. He never wanted to treat me. always was telling me the same thing, never wanted to try anything new. Since I have been seeing Dr. Evans I feel like a new person. He just had to replace my interstim for the first time. We got in a car accident and the gal that hit us hit so hard it broke it. I chat to him online. Everyone of his nurses have been wonderful to me. I call and they will return my call by the next business day. I have never had anyone rude to me. If you want to be treated kind you need to be kind. I am always going thru his office and saying kind stuff to all his employees, plus they all get Christmas cards and cookies from us for Christmas. He was great during my surgery, came in and talked to me before I went under. Asking me if I had any questions or my husband. I have had this replaced 2 times so I did not. Thanks

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Evans himself has been nothing but wonderful to me and treats my interstitial cystitis with care and compassion. He is always behind, though, and one often waits 2 hours to see him. This is a problem, but it is a problem that results from him believing in spending as much time as necessary with each patient he treats, so he gets way behind in the course of a day. Try to get an early morning appointment if you can; that way, he's not quite so backlogged. HOWEVER, I have to admit, his nursing staff is really quite awful. They are rude on the phone, to the point where they have made me and other patients I've spoken to cry, they often do not relay messages to Dr. Evans, and one of them actually changed prescription orders on me (in effect, cutting the dose of my pain medication in half) when I called in for a refill because she personally doesn't believe in narcotic treatment. It was rectified at my next appointment with Dr. Evans, but it wasn't fair or legal.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

After suffering with IC for two years, I contacted IC Help and they referred me to Dr. Evans when thy found out I had IC and Hunners Ulcers. I drive three hours one way to see him and it is worth the drive to find a doctor who really know how to treat IC. You do have to wait to get an appointment with him and he does run behind on his appointments but that is because he spends time with each patient so that they get the best treatment for their specific condition. I agree that the nursing staff is not the most pleasant to deal with and even accused me of missing appointments that their office changed due to Dr. Evans schedule. If only they showed some of the compassion that Dr. Evans does. He could teach them a few things on how to speak in a caring manner to his patients. The other two urologists I saw in Asheville did not know how to treat IC and therefore I was in pain much longer than I needed to be. If you have IC, you need to see Dr. Evans.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I drove 4 hrs. to see him, He was behind but I am use to that, I take my knitting, laptop and books. He spent 2 hrs. with me and found things that my old uro. never ever treated me for. I would drive 8 hrs to go and see him. I would highly recommend him to anyone with ic. He is very helpful and since I have seen him I have not been in that much pain.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

The nurses for Dr. Evans are rude everytime I've had to call in. Dr. Evans is wonderful, too bad for the nurses. I am going to stop seeing him because of them. The appointment line is very sweet and so are the receptionists. I'm dealing a lot with the nurses and when I'm hurting the lsat l last thing I want if too be treated badly.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dr Evan's attitude reflects off the attitude he is greeted with. I travel 8 1/2 hours to see him. Yes he is late seeing patients. He doesn't leave the room until you, the patient is satisfied with the visit. I respect that. He is a great dr and person. He genuinely cares about each of us. I have seen many dr's for ic. All of them gave up on me when their treatments failed. Not dr Evans. He has gained both my husband and i's trust. I will never go anywhere else. The ic community needs more caring docs like dr E, there's not enough of him to go around.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Evans for years. Yes he is a nice man as long as you don't complain about how long you had to wait. I drive 2 1/2 hours and pay to stay in a hotel over night. My husband went with me 1 time to a visit and we waited 2 1/2 hrs to see him. My husband was so angry he won't take the trip with me anymore. Dr. Evans makes us all wait but he takes his time when he sees me. He is the only doctor that has gotten my pain under control for IC. I will continue to drive to see him but I have to always have the attitude that I'm going to be waiting a couple hours. He needs to get rid of the nurse he brought w/him from Greenboro. Her name is Michelle and she is so rude all the time. I think if she ever smiled her face would crack. I wish she would have stayed behind. Wake Forest needs to step in and watch his wait times and nurses. Dr. Evans knows his stuff with IC. I hope he finds us a better way to live with our conditions. I believe he will.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Robert J. Evans's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Winston-Salem, NC