Ratings for Dr. John R. Velky

Dr. Velkey is the best doctor that I have ever had. He is very knowledgeable, kind, and has always been there.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

dr Velma was my doctor for 25 years and I loved him. the office staff have always been rude and inconsiderate. last year I found a lump on my breast, that started growing fast. I called the office and it explained the problem to them, stating I was scared it might be cancer. I was told that since it had been over 3 years since I was last seen (3 1/2), I was no longer a patient. I can't help if never got sick. I told them that dr Velma was my doctor. they said "not anymore " and told me to go to a prompt care. I asked if they would speak to dr.velky. they came back on the phone and told me dr Velma agreed. they said they were not accepting new patients. My eye doctor made 1 call and got me an appointment with another doctor. I felt bad, but the doctors told me dr. velky, let me down. I had stage 3 breast cancer. What a big let down. so much for caring about your patients.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

My whole family sees Dr Velky. Before my brother passed away he would make house calls to check up on him and change his feeding tube so we didn't have to have him transported to the office for the procedure. He is an amazing doctor. The front office staff however is probably the worst I have ever encountered which is disheartening when you have to deal with them for anything.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Velky is much more than a doctor. He is a friend, who cares about his patients and their families. When you step into his exam room, you have his full attention.. He is a what a doctor should be, the world could use a lot more doctors like Dr. Velky.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Velky for years now and I have to say, I am very happy with him and his office. I have had a few bad run-ins with staff over the years, but, the quality of the care you get is worth a little headache every now and then. I have found, however, that he seems to have too many patients, but that may be because he is the best PCP in N.A. The wait times over the past few years have increased, and the visits with the doc have grown shorter...but, still a great doctor that will listen and make sure that you are taken care of. I would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I am a former patient. I'll NEVER go back to this office. I have a new PCP in North Augusta and couldn't be more pleased. I did love Dr. Velky and saw him for years but after being sicker than I've ever been in my life, waiting 2 hours in the waiting room - I finally left without being seen. I later found out his receptionist discussed me with her husband, who talked at work. I waited on the phone for 25 minutes to get the appointment. There was no way I was going to hang up the phone. Its a good thing I didn't get back to see Dr. Velky because if I had, heads were going to roll!! I thought about filing a complaint with the medical board based on his staff discussing me with her husband but chose not to do that as I really didn't want to hurt Dr. Velky personally. I have never in my life experienced the rudeness as I have from his office especially the lady with gray hair and no makeup. I think she is younger than she looks, she's the office manager.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Worst Staff Ever encountered. Get past that brick wall and you'll find a very good Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Way to many patients, staff over worked, plan on waiting 45-60 mins

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I was new to the area, and needed a doc. I was referred to John Velkey, and I was impressed, and I DON'T impress easily. Not only was he on time, but took time to discuss my condition fully. He's also a nice guy, not an egomaniac. If you met him on the street you'd never know he was an accomplished physician.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Everyone needs to know that the only complaints on here concern his staff. Moreover, the receptionist and those in charge of lab results are very slack. You MUST be persistant with them! But, Dr. Velky is a wonderful doctor!!! I've driven home from college on ?many weekdays just bc I don't want to go to any other doctor. Very empathetic and kind. Treats you how he would want his own family or children treated. If I can't see him I definitely see Mary Louise, who is wonderful too! So caring and compassionate as well as knowledgeable and helpful!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr. John R. Velky's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in North Augusta, SC