Ratings for Dr. Joy Muncey

I am so sad about having to give up Doctor Muncey, who has been my family doctor for over twenty years. Unfortunately I have no choice. When you have to get up at 4:30 A.M. to stand in line in the freezing rain or cold just to get your name on the list and you are in excruciating pain it’s beyond fathomable why this is allowed. If you have a family practice it should be open to appointments and not first come first served. This summer I decided to give my husband’s doctor a chance. Lo and behold I was able to get in to see her within a couple of days and I actually had an appointment time. I didn’t have to stand in line and wait for hours in the waiting room in order to see her. And it wasn’t a rushed ten minute appointment as things seem to be with Dr. Muncey these days. I didn’t have to wait for hours in the waiting room either. I had a real time! This doctor actually listened to me, took notes and asked questions about me. I wasn’t rushed and the consultation lasted more than 30 minutes. At the end of the appointment, I made the decision to ask this doctor if she’d take me on as a new patient. She agreed and I signed the papers severing my association with Dr. Muncey, whom I had been seeing for at least twenty years.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr Muncey was my doctor for 23 years. I don't waste doctors time for a sniffle or hang nail. I go there for my full medical examination every two years and to get referral for FIT test. When I phoned last Summer to make my appt which was at 20 month mark and not over 2 years to make appt. I was asked "Who have you been seeing ?" No one , I want to make appt, for physical. I was told Dr Muncey would get back to me if she was going to see me . Never received a phone call. Very disappointed as I really respected Dr Muncey. Her front end MOA, Rajnee needs a course in interpersonal skills. I went back to clinic at 5:45 am waited for doors to open. Dr Muncey fully booked This happened 3 times, early in the morning. I couldn't get an appt as I hadn't seen her in 20 months, and couldn't see her as a walk in patient. Sad bad situation

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Muncey is a very caring doctor. It is very rare to see this nowadays. I think the negative comme towards the Dr. are more of a frustration towards the large amount of people who do want to see her vs the limit of people she can only see in a day.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I went to the Walk-In Clinic close to my home because I was feeling unwell and was experiencing symptoms that quite frankly aren't normal for my body. She is prompt, fast, but very thorough. I didn't feel rushed, and she did ask me questions and I felt I was able to ask her my questions. She ordered some tests for me and explained why. Once my initial tests were completed (I still have to do an ultrasound) the office called me in the early morning. I went to the clinic as soon as I could and they were able to squeeze me in. Unfortunately, what I have is a virus which I have to tough out but she listened to me and gave me some suggestions for recovery and found her to be very compassionate. I'm resting now, and I'm glad to know what I have. In regard to family doctors, it's VERY difficult to get a General Practitioner. It's unfortunate that they remove patients after not seeing the doctor for 2 years, but I wouldn't blame them - we should be seeing our doctors at least once a year! Health is important!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr Muncey has informed us that she will no longer be my family Doctor. They have weeded out those that have not had a appointment for two years. It was impossible to get an appoint due to all the time for the time was taken up by the walk in Patients. This is a doctor who made her patients visit the office at 6:00 am to achieve an appoint for later that day. MY WIFE IS 58 AND DISABLED IN A WHEEL CHAIR. THE OFFICE RESPONDS THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS COME AS A WALK IN. This lady gets a zero on all subject due to lack of compassion for the 20 year patients.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

hard to see her because she is such a good doctor that everyone wants to go to her. my family has been going to her for over 20 years, super knowledgeable and caring

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

dr great dr muncy moa is a horror story rude also if 1 month appt filled up one cant get appt for next month until the 1st of month if one doesnt get to the phone then u lose 6 months to get appt booking 18mos out for yearly physicals and moa calls u so it could be a few years to get one

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr Muncey's MOA is actually quite helpful with booking and taking care of her patients. Patients have to understand that she can only see a minimum amount of patients in a day. Her appointments are minimal and can only see a the first 5-6 people in line. Dr. Muncey is also a walk in doctor (as this is where we all started when we first met her) . I have read all these comments about her MOA and they are horrid. She has the most difficult job in that clinic trying to deal with people like you. I have witnessed sitting in the waiting room how people talk to her. I have always apologized to her for having such a hard job and position. Maybe we should all put ourselves in her position and see how hard it is to control the amount of patients Dr. Muncey can see in a day. Yes she may have been easier to get in when you first started to see her but now since she has changed her hours and days it is harder. Maybe if you aren't satisfied with the services then a move is needed to a new doctor/office. Keep up the good work MOA and Dr. Muncey is very lucky to have you and organize her day. Thanks for being there for my family and others.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Her Moa is never the bad one it is you and that's all to it

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

It's extremely hard to see her but it's because she's such a good doctor. Everyone wants to see her!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016