Ratings for Dr. Stephen C. Fuller

I really needed Dr. Fuller's help. PLEASE READ and consider: I awoke bleeding, actually spurting blood. My son, at 8:13 a.m., told Dr. Fuller's nurse that he thought I (his mom) had already lost a few pints of blood. The nurse told my son that Dr. Fuller could only call after seeing his patients. When my son asked when that would be, the nurse said, "About 5 in the afternoon." Seriously! We sped to the ER, Spent the majority of the morning there trying to get the bleeding under control. I was helped by a PA who released me/us at about 10:30 a.m. We asked our questions about meds, etc. before leaving. At about 1 in the afternoon, the bleeding resumed--as I sat on the sofa. We sped back to the ER only for me to experience a more explosive event. My BP spiked as I choked on blood. After another 3 hours, I was released. Since I was still bleeding--drippily--through my packing, I called Fuller's Clinic in the evening to be told that I couldn't speak to Fuller but that the doctor on call would contact me. He returned my call within 15 minutes. He also proceeded to tell me just the opposite regarding information about resumption of my meds. The next morning I called Dr. Fuller's office again and asked the nurse to have the doctor call me. From 5-10 p.m. I waited for a call. Nothing. Next morning, I called Dr. Fuller's office again and the nurse told me that he wasn't able to call me the previous day b/c he left the office after 7 (oh my!), as it was, but that she would tell him to call me that day after patients. All this while, I was off my medication as per the doctor-on-call at Fuller's Clinic. I waited from 5-10 p.m. again for a call from Dr. Fuller. Nothing. Late that evening, I penned a message on MyChart to Dr. Fuller. It was quite specific. I asked him for the name of a doctor outside of his clinic who might be able to or want to address my needs. No response. I also penned a note to my specialist who basically, gently lectured me about being off my meds. I immediately tested my blood and learned that I was "way out of therapeutic range". Not only was I irate, but I hastened to take appropriate medication to overcome the poor information I had received from the doctor-on-call at Fuller's Clinic. At the end of the week I contacted someone in Administration and met with a representative for about an hour. She took copious notes and said, "I can't imagine why you haven't heard from Dr. Fuller." She told me that she would get some answers for me and call me back in the afternoon. Well...she did call me. I learned that she spoke with the Nursing Director who, in turn, approached Dr. Fuller. I interrupted and told her that I was truly disappointed that the rep, herself, did not speak with Fuller directly. I said that every new person added to this conversation twists the message in some form. She also told me that Dr. Fuller had not gotten back to my call b/c he didn't think that it was that important...I swear that's what I was told! I could add my string of four letter words here, but I want this to be as positive as it can be. I don't want anyone to have to experience another person putting one's health and well-being in jeopardy for whatever reason! I needed to cool down over the weekend. I did call the administrative rep on Monday morning to ask if Dr. Fuller was, in fact, part owner of the Clinic. And then, isn't he, in fact your BOSS?! Where would this ever go? The rep told me that she was meeting with the CEO that afternoon. I haven't heard from her since. It's a week. Dr. Fuller did call me 8--that's EIGHT days after my first call to him. (In all fairness, since I wanted to cool off over the weekend, I didn't want a call from him on Sat or Sun.) Who does that? It was a bit of humble pie when Fuller attempted to clarify what happened, but it seems it was a little overdone too late. Why didn't he have his nurse intervene at some point if he was too busy for me? Why weren't we originally triaged? Why would the doctor on call give me incorrect information about my meds? Did he even know my medical history? I thought everything was recorded in the System! Doctors, do you use the System? Do you communicate with your nurses? Are your nurses competent? Are you competent? Add this incident to a tape-recorded message received in response to my call on St. Patrick's Day. Do you really close on St. Pat's? Add this to not being triaged for an earlier call to see the doctor earlier than during a scheduled appointment. No one even asked what had come up that I needed an earlier visit? Add this to walking out of the lab more than once when technicians (yes, more than one) dug in my veins for blood. And...how about the rad tech who during a follow-up scan asked me if I had the surgery she thought I had needed! WHAT??!!! Please do your research and make a knowledgeable decision about Dr. Stephen Fuller and Primary Care Associates. PCA not enufspace

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Major concern with Dr. Fuller's ability to diagnose cancer. He kept blowing off my concerns (and I should "not have that, I'm a very young man). The symptoms I described to him on multiple visits WERE signs of cancer but he dismissed them. He's nice, but one wants a accurate doctor who is thorough, not just nice. Now I am dealing with late stage cancer because it was not caught sooner. Also now know of a former patient of his who had form of leukemia that was not diagnosed by him. Be very persistent with him if you suspect you have something wrong!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

The Doctor and his staff are very kind and professional without being cold. They show that they genuinely care about the patient. A few times we have had to wait past our appointment time, but it never has been for very long. Since we know when we have had a concern and needed a little extra time to talk we were never rushed or pushed aside, we are understanding if we need to wait a few minutes past our appointment time. Our concerns were his concern and our health triumphs are celebrated with us.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. Fuller has been informative, friendly, and never made me feel like he was under a time constraint. Outstanding doctor.? I just recently had to change health insurance and I paid more than a few bucks to be able to stay with Primary Care and Dr. Fuller.-Randolph

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

After reading previous reviews on this doctor, people need to understand humans aren't cars or computers, we can't just be plugged in to with a machine that goes DING when there is a problem. Of course some medical situations are different of course. I have been seeing Dr. Fuller for almost 4 years now and have run into minimal issues. Sometimes the staff is running behind (or always), or I leave my appointment expecting different results. Dr. Fuller himself is a great guy and cares about his work. If something isnt working for you, tell him. Hes there to DIAGNOSE the problem and attempt to treat it. One medication may not work, but others are available to try.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

I've only been once for a physical, found him to very personable and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

A really nice person. Would like to have a beer and brat with him. Kind and thoughtful and fun. Upbeat! However, not as knowllegable about medicine as I would like. A lot of personality but as a Doctor, not so good.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

Please advice, I switched doctors. Our family had him for a long, long time, but he kept blowing off my concerns (and I should not have any health issues, I'm a very young woman). He's nice, but one of those doctors I wouldn't go to if you are at all concerned by something medical. He didn't answer my questions, he just went along with what I said ("I suppose it could be that"), and prescribed a medication he knew was NOT recommended for me. When I almost passed out a few nights into it, I called immediately and switched doctors! I've had enough.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Stephen C. Fuller's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)