Ratings for Dr. Donald V. Wilson

I have been suffering repeated ear/sinus infections with vertigo & hearing loss.Waited 7 weeks for my apt with Dr. Wilson. The first thing he said to me was,”I see you have several issues and I don’t have much time, so pick one” Misdiagnosed me as"Migraine Variant" Ordered CT scan an set up apt Neuologist. When I went for results of scan I informed him of pain in my ear-he refused to look. "I am a neck surgeon- see a neurologist" was all he offered.. After a month of debilitating vertigo, I saw Neuro Dr.(NOT the one he recommended) and PT for vertigo- neither could believe he didn't assess for common BPPV( benign paroxysmal positioning vertigo) or that he ordered expensive CT scan. Waiting to hear back from Cheshire Med and advise of insurance co- Not just a bad Dr. but a very rude one. GOD Complex!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Wilson is condescending and rude. He is belittling and when asked questions about the risks of a surgical procedure he just kept saying in a condescending tone, "Let's put it this way, in the 34 years that I have been doing this, I haven't had any problems" which does not answer the question and does not sound reassuring. Especially since I know of someone that had surgery by him and has nerve damage as a result.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

I lost my sense of smell. Dr. Wilson performed surgery for nasal polyps (sinus)successfully restoring my sense of smell. No complaints here.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

This doctor is very kind, gentle and professional.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Convinced me to have surgery. Did it than pushed me out the door. The problem got worse and he said I was fine. His surguries always work. Had to have the procedure redone by a real ENT guy . Beware of this one!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

AFTER I fell for the sinus surgery scam, and continued to have problems, I finally found a ENT doc who showed me how this surgery is unhelpful, and can cause harm. There are many simple remedies to sinus blockage, but in my opinion this guy is running a surgery mill sponsored by Dartmouth Hitchcock.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Fast diagnoses and quick surgical schedualing. Excellent work on a difficult and long procedure. After seven hours of surgery, I have minimal scaring and minimal nerve damage. The only complaint I might have is that the implications of having a tumor removed were not fully explained. As a teenager, waking up in the oncology ward of a hospital and not fully understanding why is pretty scary. I understand that it was to keep nervousness before surgery at a minimum, but it would have been nice to be fully briefed. I guess "them's the breaks" of having surgery as a legal minor - only your parents or guardians are given the whole story. Very good surgeon, though. I would recommend for any throat-related procedures.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2005

Dr. Donald V. Wilson's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)