Ratings for Dr. Craig Shalmi

Dr Shalmi Is a caring no nonsense kind of guy. The Most Understanding And Compasionate .Dr Shalmi Will Talk With You Take His Time Listening And Will Never. give. Up Dr Shalmi Is The One Who Will Have A Definite Solution To Your Ailments. I Travel 3 Hours Or More To See Him . Staff Is Wonderful And Very Kind A Beautiful Warm And Fuzzy Feeling It's Great. I Consider Myself Extremely Lucky Thank You Dr Shalmi And Your Wonderful Staff. My Husband And I Are Most Grateful Sincerely, Denise And John Curcio.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I only have one complaint. VERY LONG WAIT TIME ! Dr. Shalmi and Barbara Somers are both very attentive & make sure that you understand any procedure or medication. I've waited years for my insurance to cover seeing him. My previous pain Dr was mean and very impersonal. Talked to a tape recorder instead of me. IT IS A PLEASURE TO SEE A DOCTOR THAT LOOKS AT YOU, NOT A MACHINE! I have never had a problem seeing him or Barbara. They usually ask me whom I would like to see. Time is the only problem. I would definitely recommend Dr. Shalmi to a friend.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Dr. Shalmi is the DOCTOR YOU DREAM ABOUT SEEING. THE KIND OF DOCTOR YOU HOPE THEY WIIL BE. HE IS SUPERIORLY EDUCATED, STAYS CURRENT AS HE SCOURS HIS RESOURCES TO ADD TO HIS SUPERIOR ARSENAL OF TOOLS AND OPTIONS TO TREAT HIS PATENTS. Dr. Shalmi is extremely compassionate and he focuses on you eyes to eyes giving you his full attention without a hint of annoyance (if I go open and on! ) nor a hint that your time is up. He did not rush my card at all and did not leave the exam room until he throughly examined my spine and ares where my pain emanates from. Dr. Shalmi is a true diamond in the rough, not your average doctor who looks you over, scribbled notes and nots and notes and then walks out. Oh no not Dr. Shalmi, he reviewed my last December 2013 MRI, REPORT NOT NECESSARY FOR A MAN, A DOCTOR OF THIS CALIBER!! HE IS A SELFLESS MAN DEDICATED TO HEALING AND TREATING EVERY PATIENT HE SEES UNTIL HE EXHAUSTS ALL OPTIONS WITHIN THE SCOPE OF HIS PRACTICE. IF HE FEELS YOU NEED TO SEE A SURGEON HE WILL REFER YOU TO THE BEST OF THE BEST DOCTORS. DR. SHAMLI POSSESSES THE QUALITIES OF PATIENCE, CONCERN, RESPECT, EMPATHY AND ULTIMATE KINDNESS AND SINCERITY. HE ALSO GAVE ME AN INJECTION IN MY LOWER LUMBAR REGION TO ACTUALLY GIVE ME RELIEF IN THE FIRST VISIT. I ONLY HAVE ONE "CON". It is a "peeve" of mine. When any doctor does it, when Dr. SHAMLI did it. When he's done he just walks out without saying a word that I all done or what to do or not do next. Now I was laying there on the table face down which is an extremely uncomfortable position for me. Due to Spinal herniations, bulged discs and tons of arthritis along with an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion of my cervical spine done in 1991. It is extremely uncomfortable for me to lay on my stomach with my head on a light pillow. I don't have a lot of range of motion in my neck so laying there with the side of my face on the pillow in pain growing by the minute,mI would really, really have appreciated him telling me I'm all done and can get up now. I had just assumed he was coming back because he didn't say ANYTHING! But this is trivial compared to the care he gives. Superior care and concern on every level.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

If you become a long term patient of Dr. Shalmi's he then makes you see a PA. I asked his office twice to get an appointment with him and twice they told me that he doesn't see people that coming in monthly for a "follow-up" and for their monthly medication. I explained that there is more going on with different parts of my body that are now giving me pain and I was told that they will send him my request and he would review my chart and if he felt that I needed to be seen then he would call and have a appt. set-up.Mind you all I only wnated 1 appt.to touch base with him.I no longer will go back to that group and I have been with them since 2004. I rec'd my medical reports and in almost everyone it states that they have examined me. Which I can't tell you the last time I was examined by that office. Sometimes I went in and they were very behind and they asked if it was okay if they only gave me my prescriptions. I have spoken to 3 of other Drs. I see & they all couldn't believe tha

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Dr. Craig Shalmi's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1989)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shalmi Is a caring no nonsense kind of guy. The Most Understanding And Compasionate .Dr Shalmi Will Talk With You Take His Time Listening And Will Nev..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I only have one complaint. VERY LONG WAIT TIME ! Dr. Shalmi and Barbara Somers are both very attentive & make sure that you understand any procedure or medica..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shalmi is the DOCTOR YOU DREAM ABOUT SEEING. THE KIND OF DOCTOR YOU HOPE THEY WIIL BE. HE IS SUPERIORLY EDUCATED, STAYS CURRENT AS HE SCOURS HIS RESOURCES T..."

November 21, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=484943'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=484943'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 5, 2014