Ratings for Dr. Jacquie McCubbin

such a pleasant experience with her nurse and Dr mccubbin was very efficient. my son healed in 3 days with the exact instructions given & never cried once.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I was recommended to Dr. McCubbin by a friend. I read lots of reviews, some raised concerns but I decided to proceed. To my horror at 41 weeks, I was told they could not find my baby's heartbeat. I had high blood pressure, protein in urine for 3 weeks leading to delivery and no steps were taken. My baby was born 11lbs 6 oz but Dr. McCubbin told me she was not able to tell my baby was this big during my numerous visits. I cannot help but wonder now in retrospect that if I was sent for a stress test or an ultrasound when my blood pressure was at 158/92 for almost the last month of pregnancy at Dr.McCubbin's office, would my child be alive today. I do expect it to be the doctor's job to know the size of my baby hence the measuring? I am not saying it is her fault, but there were steps she failed to do to ensure the health of my baby. Needless to say, I am devastated.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I really like Dr. McCubbin. She is very busy so she is straightforward and to the point which I really liked about her. She has a great sense of humour and she answered all of my questions. I thought she was wonderful to deal with. She is difficult to get into and she does double book patients so expect to wait at least an hour every appointment. Personally, this didn't bother me because she's phenomenal at what she does and she's worth the wait as far as I'm concerned. Also, she is one of the only physicians that I'm aware of that makes an honest effort to deliver all of her patients babies. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone I know who's expecting!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Love Dr. McCubbin! Had her for both of my pregnancies and she delivered both of my boys. With both deliveries, there were some complications that occurred during delivery but she kept the room calm and it is very obvious that she is respected and trusted by the nurses at the Grey Nuns. I felt that myself and my babies were in excellent hands and I would absolutely go back to her if we had another baby. Yes, she is very busy but there's a reason - she's a fabulous doctor. I also though her nurse, Margie was great and never had an issue with her receptionist either. She was always great too!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Couldn't ask for a better Doctor. Direct with her answers and explains if you ask questions. Great sense of humour, respects my wishes for a VBac but at the same time explains what my chances are of actually having another c-section which is great since she will let you try until u get to a certain point where a vbac is out of the question. Her staff are awesome. Some people need to realize that if you don't show up for your appointment yes it's annoying and why should they have to deal with people that do not have the common curtesy to call if your going to be late and why waste their time on people who don't value their time and efforts !!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Fantastic doctor with a great sense of humour and bedside manner. If I was gonna have another baby she's the doctor id want again

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. McCubbin delivered both my babies and I truely believe they wouldn't be here without her. She is an amazing doctor with many years experience behind her. Yes she can be blunt but it's not often, and I would rather have that then not get the whole storey or sugar coated garbage. I would and do recommend her to everyone I know who is expecting a baby.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

There is an awful lot of negativity here! Let me be bluntly honest with you all-Dr McCubbin is an excellent physician. She delivered my children as well as I have worked with her professionally. If you are ever in an emergency situation during birth, you are going to want this doctor in the room with you. Guess what, ladies? Sometimes you aren't able to have the birth experience you had envisioned because of any number of complications. Instead of insisting on having the birth you dreamed about, listen to your doctor. They know more and have more experience than you ever will!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr McCubbin is wonderfully warm and friendly with excellent bedside manner and she is an even better physician. Dr McCubbin diagnosed my HELLP syndrome at 38.5 weeks. She respected my wishes of trying for a vaginal birth by inducing me in hopes of moving my labor along while it was still safe to do so. Unfortunately my labor did not progress quick enough and I had to undergo an emergency c-section as my HELLP syndrome symptoms were getting more dire. Dr McCubbin did an excellent job of ensuring the safety of my son and myself. She is a wonderful doctor and I look forward to seeing her with my next pregnancy as well.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

It has been several years now...and I still feel deeply bitter over my experience. I trusted her. She betrayed my trust. I had a healthy/normal pregnancy but at 39 weeks she took it upon herself to NATURALLY INDUCE ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!! She said she was going to do a typical cervical check but instead she did a membrane sweep. It was excruciatingly painful and it caused me to go into labour that day. My baby was born 6.5 lbs. Again, I was only 39 weeks there was no reason to induce me, but even if there had been, YOU MUST HAVE CONSENT. She didn't even tell me what she was doing! Only remarked "You'll have some bleeding, as there is blood on my glove" I was in complete shock. As I mentioned this was YEARS ago and I still feel deeply bitter over it. I often wonder what my child's ACTUAL natural birth date would have been had she not done this. I regret not reporting her for it.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016