Ratings for Dr. Jacquie McCubbin

Dr. McCubbin delivered both my babies and I truely believe they wouldn't be here without her. She is an amazing doctor with many years experience behind her. Yes she can be blunt but it's not often, and I would rather have that then not get the whole storey or sugar coated garbage. I would and do recommend her to everyone I know who is expecting a baby.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

There is an awful lot of negativity here! Let me be bluntly honest with you all-Dr McCubbin is an excellent physician. She delivered my children as well as I have worked with her professionally. If you are ever in an emergency situation during birth, you are going to want this doctor in the room with you. Guess what, ladies? Sometimes you aren't able to have the birth experience you had envisioned because of any number of complications. Instead of insisting on having the birth you dreamed about, listen to your doctor. They know more and have more experience than you ever will!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr McCubbin is wonderfully warm and friendly with excellent bedside manner and she is an even better physician. Dr McCubbin diagnosed my HELLP syndrome at 38.5 weeks. She respected my wishes of trying for a vaginal birth by inducing me in hopes of moving my labor along while it was still safe to do so. Unfortunately my labor did not progress quick enough and I had to undergo an emergency c-section as my HELLP syndrome symptoms were getting more dire. Dr McCubbin did an excellent job of ensuring the safety of my son and myself. She is a wonderful doctor and I look forward to seeing her with my next pregnancy as well.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

It has been several years now...and I still feel deeply bitter over my experience. I trusted her. She betrayed my trust. I had a healthy/normal pregnancy but at 39 weeks she took it upon herself to NATURALLY INDUCE ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!! She said she was going to do a typical cervical check but instead she did a membrane sweep. It was excruciatingly painful and it caused me to go into labour that day. My baby was born 6.5 lbs. Again, I was only 39 weeks there was no reason to induce me, but even if there had been, YOU MUST HAVE CONSENT. She didn't even tell me what she was doing! Only remarked "You'll have some bleeding, as there is blood on my glove" I was in complete shock. As I mentioned this was YEARS ago and I still feel deeply bitter over it. I often wonder what my child's ACTUAL natural birth date would have been had she not done this. I regret not reporting her for it.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

My doctor was not available during my delivery, so Dr. McCubbin took over. She did an amazing job. I had an emergency c-section. The surgery went will and my stitches healed amazingly. I love my doctor but I would also recommend Dr. McCubbin. She was calm and kept me calm throughout the entire panic.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. McCubbin is an amazing doctor. I had such a good experience with her. She was around for my entire delivery, I was worried at first that she wouldn't be there but I guess she makes a big point of being there for her patients when they are delivering. Sometimes this makes for longer wait times in her office becomes she is off delivering a baby...but you must be understanding as this is what you'll also be getting when you are delivering. I have nothing negative to say. She rocks!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. McCubbin delivered my first baby in 2015 and she was the absolute best doctor I have seen in Edmonton! I am so glad I get her again for my second baby!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I had to have a full hysterectomy done and Dr. McCubbin did an excellent job. I've had no problems with it. She does leave you waiting long times but that is because she goes and delivers babies herself. If I were a new mom I want her there as well. If I had any complaints it would be nice to have baby appointments on different days as other medical issues. It does get very loud and crowded and some people need to sit in the hall. Other than that my experience has been very pleasant and I look forward to seeing Dr. McCubbin again if I have any other issues she can help me with.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I do not recommend this DR. we lost a child due to her stupidity

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I had a dye test with Dr. McCubbin today and I have to say she impressed me. The test is a very painful test and her staff/her made it much more comfortable. They made me feel at ease, and tried to relax me. Dr. McCubbin was honest with me about the test and how it would feel, and she talked to me throughout it to try and distract me. She also comforted me afterwards. I would highly recommend her! The staff I encountered were all so nice and accommodating. I felt warm from the minute I walked through the diagnostic imaging door.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016