Ratings for Dr. Fernando Casses

Dr Casses correctly diagnosed my thyroid cancer and successfully removed it. I am now coming up on 10 years with no recurrence. He was kind, thoughtful and informed. He always took his time explaining disease and procedures. Dr Casses called to check on me after I went home and once made a house call (unheard of these days in BC). I know others had issues, but I certainly did not. I feel, in some ways, Dr Casses became a target of people's anger with the BC medical system. I would recommend him and wouldn't hesitate to have him perform surgery on me again should the need arise.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

he did my surgery and i felt bad for years afterward. I wish i had had another doctor do my surgery.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

This man is the most unprofessional man I have ever met. He discusses his patient files with his friends, he is rude, He treats his scrub nurses like they are garbage. He is the poorest example of a doctor I have ever met. This is one of the reasons RVH gets a bad rap with Doctors like him on there Staff.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

If you are considering him as your surgeon, please Google his name and include "RateMDs" in the search. Also, read his CBC article and the links in the story which point to their original story and the 169 page court judgment on his libel action against several patients and the CBC, at which he did not prevail. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cbc-go-public-responsible-communication-defence-succeeds-in-lawsuit-1.3335599

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I feel like he is a serial killer that no one can catch.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Sorry that others had problems with Dr, Casses, he saved my life as where other Doctors seemed to ignore my stomache complaints with in 15 minutes of telling Dr.Casses of the problem he had checked my stomache and sent me for a series of tests, month to the date i was in had a Complete Hysetrectomy, and a 12lb, tumor 23 in .holding 5 lites of liquid removed from my ovary,Heart problems, acid reflux and vomiting stopped the tumor had grown rapidly in size since first visit to surgeon, and removal i was very lucky i had Dr. Casses my family Doctor would still be sitting back in his chair asking questions,judging a book by it's cover,example my being over weight , making me feelit was all in my head.not physically touching my body to feel the problem Dr. Casses felt something was wrong right off the hop,he is tops in my families books. Alexandria Bodenchuk Wells B.C.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

My mother had 2 scopes recently. Dr. Casses took more time to explain the process, the risks and generally put us all at ease. Afterwards he searched out my sister and I to explain the findings and how quickly she would come out of this. Everything went well and mom is fine. Excellent care and attention by Dr. Casses and nurses. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Very thorough, caring doctor. Had cancer 6 years ago which, thanks to him, was caught early and I feel that I owe him my life. Have had several surgeries since, including gall bladder, all with complete success. Great follow-up.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

I found Dr Casses to be condescending and very evasive.He operated on my 21 yr old daughter for gallstones in June of 2006 in Quesnel BC, she had immediate problems post op.She continues to have bouts of terrible pain and now has bowel problems.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

Check out CBC.ca - weeklong investigation regarding post-op surgical complications. The College of P&S of BC should be held accountable for granting him priveleges to practise in BC. He waited too long post-surgery on our mother before sending her to VGH - she suffered 3 weeks and 5 surgeries later trying to clean up the surgical mess left by this doctor, only to succumb to her death from infection of leaking bile, sutured pancreas and nicked bowel. Had he sent her on sooner she may still be with us today. Northern Health Authority needs to investiage every patient of his to show the real statistics on post-op complications - we might all be surprised!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009