Ratings for Dr. Nikhil Chopra

Dr. Chopra has taken care of me for the past 11 years and he has been patient with every concern regarding my RA. He knows his medicine and explains medications very well. He also goes out of his way to reply to my concerns in a thoughtful manner. If I need to see him in follow up he will try to see me quickly. I saw a few other doctors and Dr. Chopra was the only one to diagnose me accurately. He is kind and gentle in his manner. I would recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Every time I go he has a new young receptionist? He is not compassionate and is in the wrong profession. Was not even following the protocol for keeping track of my autoimmune disease progression!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Chopra by my family physician for R.A. Dr. Chopra 'diagnosis' fibromyalgia based on one 10 minute consultation, absolutely NO tests what so ever and the consultation included the physical exam which ONLY checking for 18 Tender points for Fibro without checking the joints and without running any tests, blood work, etc There was no process of elimination for this diagnosis to rule other other possible issues and he ignored the information and concerns of my family Dr who referred me for R.A. and ignored what I was telling him. He stated that he did not know what was wrong. He admitted that I did not have most symptoms or meet the criteria for Fibromyagia. He stated " I think that it maybe Fibrio but I am not sure and you do not have most of the symptoms other then tired". I will be getting a second opinion because this 'doctor' did not base his diagnose on any medical evidence as he did not have any medical tests done to eliminate other other possible causes or to eliminate R.A. But based it on rushed speculation and stated "I think/I'm not sure" "you don't have most of the symptoms but lets categorize you as having..." At no point did he medically rule out the possibly of R.A. I agree with the other negative reviews of this Doctor and I would advise others to steer clear of him and find a knowledgeable and thorough Rheumatologist and not accept a diagnosis based on "I'm not sure, you don't have, you don't fit but lets say this" If you don't know what the problem is you do not offer a potential misdiagnosis, you do the tests to eliminate and you look into it further even if it means postponing a diagnosis to a future date and basing that diagnosis on further evaulation.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

By far the worst physician I have ever seen. He has a severe lack of knowledge in his specialty and medicine in general (I don't know how he obtained his MD), total absence of empathy and compassion with the patient to the point that you could consider him even rude. He should be not allowed to practice medicine in Canada.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Happy to be under Dr. Chopra's care since June 2012

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I've been seing Dr Chopra for over 3 years now. I have a rather serious case of R/A since I have seen him all that's been done is various different kinds of medication. He cares very little of the costs to the medication or whether it works.I say this because if he did care he would not wait 5-6 months before he see's you again. If you try to call to make an earlier appointment.They blow you off and tell you to see your family DR. or even go to the Hospital. All I can say if I wanted to see them I would not need to see him.I thought he was a specialist and he would help me. I REALIZE I WAS WRONG.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Don't know what all you Fibro patients want from this Doctor. First of all, theres no treatment for Fibro unless you seek help through organizations in the London area. DR. CHOPRA IS WONDERFUL... he diagnosed me with Fibro after my own doctor gave me the run around. My doctor had no idea what was wrong with me and after 2 years of his crap, sent me to see Dr. Chopra who finally diagnosed me with Fibro. Because of him, I was put into The Arthritis Society and from there on in seeked my own refuge and help (joining groups, heat therapy etc). Dr. Chopra is a very wonderful doctor, he was polite, professional and caring. Thank you Dr. Chopra for helping me in diagnosing me finally and for no longer thinking my pain was all in my head as my family physician said it was. :)

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

I've been to Dr. Chopra several times now. He knows his area of R.A. but I wonder if he's up on the new developments (drugs). He has a calm about him and has a gentle way with patients. But he is far removed from the patient, for example, he doesn't refer to me by name, but by 'Sir'. That ain't right. He is very cautious about medications, spelling out all the risks and side-effects clearly. I have to commend him for that. I rate him mediocre because he's too impersonal for my liking. But I give him high marks on safety/side effects concerns. Perhaps that's his definition of competence, and I couldn't argue with that when looking at it from his side. I think he needs to be his own patient sometime to understand where I'm coming from. Or perhaps he should look at his ratings, which aren't that bad and do spell out his short-comings.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I did not find Dr. Chopra to be helpful. He sent me for blood tests which were inconclusive or came back negative and he had no suggestions as to what was causing my problems. I found him to be unable to connect or understand my situation. I didn't ask to be referred to a rheumatologist and will not bother to go back for any follow up, which he didn't suggest anyway. I think the main problem here was that we just didn't connect or understand each other. I would suggest that before you visit this doctor, sit down with your family doctor and ask why s/he is referring you to Dr. Chopra and what is the expected outcome of this appointment. If you do go to see Dr. Chopra and he writes up a requisition for blood work, do not be intimitated and make sure you ask what the tests are for, are they really necessary. Also if any tests that you will have to pay out of pocket for are really necessary. Be up front with your financial situation. Do not let him intimidate you or rush you.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

I did not go to Dr. chopra myself. However after several visits with a terrible family doctor, my father on a routine visit with Dr. Chopra was finally sent to the hospital where he was diagnosed with cancer. Dr. Chopra noticed the excess of calcioum in his blood. Had my father visited Dr. Chopra instead of our family doctor he might still be alive today. Dr. Chopra took the time to come visit my father in the hospital and our entire family really appreciated the extra time and caring he showed

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009