Ratings for Dr. Joel Siegel

Dr. Siegel needs to retire! He was rude, snippy and unlike any doctor I've ever come in contact with. I saw him in November for a growth on my scalp. When I asked a question it was shut down. He did remove the growth on my scalp, and when I asked about other things on my scalp and some things on my face all he told me to do was stop picking-it's scabs, stop picking them (which he repeated over and over). I am over 60 and he treated me like I was a 10 year old! My diagnosis on what he removed was cancer. I asked my primary for another dermatologist who I saw last week. I love her! She is very helpful, explains things and is totally interested in my questions, and answered them fully. She took care of the other issues I had and my treatment has begun. As for Dr. Siegel, I would not recommend him to any one.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Not kind nor helpful. I waited extra 40 mins. after my appointment time to the doctor, and it was OK. Dr. Siegel, however, claims that he is four hours behind the schedule, so that I can ask only five questions to him. He spent literally 4 mins, with me and without giving me any sufficient answers to my 5 questions, he left the room. I was having a terrible skin ulcer, and he refused to even take a look at it, since it was my sixth question...

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I'm so pissed off at this dr. My mother went in because she has a rash all over her body. He took a biopsy and told her she itched because she scratched. That was his diagnosis. He didn't want to go further with trying to find out what it was. She went somewhere else and was diagnosed with skin cancer. Seriously?????? I wish dr.'s would care more, this is such BS !!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Siegel is the best dermatologist I have been to so far. He explains all procedures throughly and will gladly answer my questions. He is extremely knowledgable and can diagnose a skin problem or growth in seconds. He has a very personable demeanor and will take the time to make follow-up phone calls. I have been to numerous dermatologists to get my warts removed, and they always came back. After Dr. Siegel removed them, they were eradicated completely and the procedure was far less painful than I've experienced before. I highly recommend Dr. Siegel.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

I was very clear when I went to this dermatologist that I did not want to do any procedures that I would get charged for, only what was covered in my insurance. I told this to the front desk staff, billing, the nurse, and the doctor. Then, I get an $85 bill in the mail, and no one will talk to me by phone. I finally get the doctor on the phone, apparently by accident, and he says he'll talk to billing and follow up with me. He never calls me back. I finally give up, call billing and make the payment, realizing the dishonest billing practices that they have, and that I'm fighting a losing battle. They tacked on an additional $10 "processing fee" to what was on my paper bill. I have no respect for anyone that works for and with this doctor. These people have no integrity. They will lie to your face, because their main priority is money, not the patients.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Dr. Siegel spent very little time with me. He intentionally made me feel stupid for asking to have my moles checked. Instead of doing a thorough assessment for preventative care, he looked at three moles I was concerned about. He then hesitated to give me a brochure which explained checking moles and recognizing malignant melanoma because he thought it would make me "paranoid". I was insulted by some of his comments. I was also upset that I had taken time out of my busy work schedule for this appointment.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I have been to numerous dermatologists and by far Dr. Siegel is the very best. He was able to instantly diagnose a rash I have been battling with for years and provide the proper treatment to destoy it (no other dermatologist could treat). Very smart and worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010

Dr. Siegel DOES remove growths and did. He's a nice guy, but for a GREAT appointment, see the PA - Sherri. VERY sweet, VERY caring and VERY helpful. And she actually apologized for the wait - what MD will you EVER hear apologize? That's the difference between MDs and PAs and I'll take the PA every time. My only complaint is a very long wait. VERY long.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Had a consult,thought he was very helpfull, answered all my questions, as far as I know , no charge.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2007

Will charge if no surgery is performed. Will look at you & do absolutely nothing. Will not remove moles, tags,etc.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2006

Dr. Joel Siegel's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1979)

AHC