Ratings for Dr. Lawrence M. Stokar

Well it is not about my appointment it's about the staff the girl at the checkout window is very rude. I listened to her tell the assistant in the back there r empty rooms and people need to be put back for the doctor. The checkout girl said it loud enough for the whole waiting room to hear and she wasn't pleasant about it. Apparently the the office manager was not around because she should of been corrected for her rudeness. Then she complained about it and was talking about it to another staff member. I have been to this office several time and this person is always rude. She needs replaced

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I am a prior patient of Dr. Stokar. I have recently switched insurance and when I made my appointment for my yearly skin check, they took my insurance info over the phone and said they would "pre-certify" it. Once I got there (yes, they let me keep the appointment and waste my day), they told me they did NOT take my insurance. I said, "OK, well what is your cash office visit price, I'm just here for a skin check," and was told that they will NOT see me, even though I am a prior patient of the doctor's. The office manager hid in her office and wouldn't speak to me, and they wouldn't bother the doctor to talk to me. Yet, knowing they did not take my insurance, they let me waste my day to come there in person to tell me. They treated me like I was insurance-less scum, instead of a valued and respected former patient of theirs. I would not recommend this office, even if it was I am a prior patient of Dr. Stokar. I have recently switched insurance and when I made my appointment for my yearly skin check, they took my insurance info over the phone and said they would "pre-certify" it. Once I got there (yes, they let me keep the appointment and waste my day), they told me they did NOT take my insurance. I said, "OK, well what is your cash office visit price, I'm just here for a skin check," and was told that they will NOT see me, even though I am a prior patient of the doctor's. The office manager hid in her office and wouldn't speak to me, and they wouldn't bother the doctor to talk to me. Yet, knowing they did not take my insurance, they let me waste my day to come there in person to tell me. They treated me like I was insurance-less scum, instead of a valued and respected former patient of theirs. I would not recommend this office, even if it was the only one available for miles and miles around. Save your time and money for a staff that will respect you and your time. I am a prior patient of Dr. Stokar. I have recently switched insurance and when I made my appointment for my yearly skin check, they took my insurance info over the phone and said they would "pre-certify" it. Once I got there (yes, they let me keep the appointment and waste my day), they told me they did NOT take my insurance. I said, "OK, well what is your cash office visit price, I'm just here for a skin check," and was told that they will NOT see me, even though I am a prior patient of the doctor's. The office manager hid in her office and wouldn't speak to me, and they wouldn't bother the doctor to talk to me. Yet, knowing they did not take my insurance, they let me waste my day to come there in person to tell me. They treated me like I was insurance-less scum, instead of a valued and respected former patient of theirs. I would not recommend this office, even if it was the only one available for miles

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Well if you want to go to an office where the staff is real loud this is your office or maybe don't go on a Monday.

Submitted February 8, 2016

Yeah, you might have to wait in his office, but dermatologists are hard to see in Pittsburgh area. He treated my son for over a year.....he was knowledgable, and he listened to our concerns. I found his staff to be fine. Luanne always returned my calls and followed up with prompt script refills. Maybe he keeps you waiting because he's treating someone else who needs his full attention.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

Dr. Stokar is the best dermatologist in Western PA. He has saved many lives with his expert early diagnosis of patients with melanoma. He caught mine early and did an incredible job removing the cancerous area. Dr. Stokar is a wonderful man and a great M.D. I am thankful he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Was in with my mother for approx.2 sec.and said she is a picker my mom lives with me now and know she is not . He did not remember her he has opperated on her several times for skin Ca. Just because she is in wheelchair and is forgetful now does not mean you don't examine your patient he just lifted her sleeve and said put this lotion on she her on prn bassis walked out. This was my 1st x there with her and our last...

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

My wife had an appointment with this doctor. My wife could not locate the office so could the office. The lady that answered and gave my wife attitude stating just go further down the road and turn left and right and left. She was not helpful. My wife had our baby daughter because our babysitter was out of town. The place had no changing table in the bathroom and lady told her she had no rooms to allow to change her in so she changed her in the waiting room. She had to wait 1.5 hours in the exam room before she saw Dr. Stokar. He exam her for 2 minutes and didnt do a full examination. He told my wife "next time please leave your baby at home." Trust us there will not be a next time.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Forget bed side manners. Doctor was an unfriendly jerk to me. For the five minutes he saw me (after waiting for 30 minutes in the exam room), I was made to feel like I was bothering him and that I was wasting his time.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr. Stokar may not have a great "bed side manner" but that is just his personality. He is a great guy and and excellent Doctor. He knows his business. He caught my Melanoma at an early stage and for that I am very greatful and thankful. My only complant is that you do have to wait, they do run behind schedule.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

it took me almost a year to get an appointment that worked for me. I would have to make an appointment 3 mo. out, then have to cancel because of work... the hours are terrible, staff is unhelpful. We had to wait in the waiting room for over an hour with 2 children under the age of 4, then wait again in the exam room... my husband saw him for less than 1 minute, and hardly any time with me. When I asked him about his suture technique and if he uses surgical glue to reduce scaring since my problem was visible on my neck, he seemed annoys and said this was the way he's done it for 30 years then said "your hair is long enough that you wouldn't see a scar anyway." I said "I've been growing it out in the 4 months I've been waiting for this appointment." He said "you are a very funny woman." I did not have him handle my procedure, a plastic surgeon did a wonderful job. My husband also reported poo bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Dr. Lawrence M. Stokar's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in White Oak, PA