Ratings for Dr. Mary E. Schlegel

Dr. Schlegel has been one of the most supportive medical providers I've encountered. She went out of her way to see me in the hospital to discuss what was happening with my pregnancy care despite me working with the MFM docs (I had seen her previously for gyn services). She is such a kind and supportive listener and incredibly knowledgeable in her field. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

I found Dr. Schlegel to be warm, courteous, supportive, and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable with her during my pregnancy and would not hesitate to go to her again, or to recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

i wish i had read these reviews before my appointment with dr. schlegel. describing her as "chilly" is an understatement. when asked about my past medical history dr. shlegel interrupted me and simply repeated her initial question in a more aggressive tone (i.e. i wasn't answering fast enough). after i told her that she didn't have to be so mean to me, she immediately shot back at me, "well, my nurse said you were mean to her" -- a full admission of premeditated hatefulness and aggression. dr. schlegel was supposed to perform a colposcopy on me that day, arguably one of the most intimate and personal procedures a woman can have. needless to say, i walked out of the exam room, i filed a grievance report, and i will be having my colposcopy elsewhere. beware, ladies.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2008

This doctor told me that as an overweight woman I should only gain 10 pounds during pregnancy. I believe the professional standard advice is 15-25. Her demeanor is fairly chilly, and I don't feel that she answered my questions appropriately or thoroughly. Rather than answer my questions, she suggested I enroll in a research study at the University. ?

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

This doctor was very unhelpful to correct an incompetent cervix. Despite knowing the diagnostic since the first moment of my pregnancy, she decided to wait and see. She did not order a cervical cerclage or a cervix measurement until 18 weeks. By then, my cervix was wide open and a lost a perfectly healthy baby. I don't recommend anyone to see her.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2006

Dr. Mary E. Schlegel's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC