Ratings for Dr. M. Goossen

This doctor tells you don'the have medical issues when in fact I have had some of my issues for quite some years. I had to see this jerk of a doctor on a weekend. He had a trainee with him who was very nice. If I am ever in the hospital again and this butcher comes into my room I will tell him to get out

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Find Doc Goossen caring and very willing to share information. His bed side manner is very good.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I called his office and was informed that had the results of my biopsy and he waited three days to discuss them with me. He tried to console me with the fact that they were good results. I told him that he should have more consideration for his patients' feelings when they were waiting for three days in fear.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

One bad surgery 2 more. Before figured it ou that he not good surgeon plus aaagole blaming everyone else.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Dr Goosen saved my mothers life this summer when she had an obstructed bowel and another hospital failed to see the urgency in her condition. He operated on her at 3 am and saved her life. My family cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

The medical system has dragged me through he*l and back this last year and Dr. Goossen was a breath of fresh air! He genuinely cares (very much unlike my former GP) and is pleasant to deal with. He takes time to reassure, discuss, and for me it is huge that he was willing to honor my request to finish without staples and with steri strips and minimal stitching, when staples and stitching was the norm for my procedure. I was waiting quite a long time for my pre op appointment, but he was right on time for my post op and was amazing for surgery as well. SO glad I had him as my surgeon. If I ever need anything in the future, I hope to have him again.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I would not see any other doctor in the Brandon hospital regarding any GI concerns or issues including procedures and surgery. He is knowledgeable. He can answer any questions with confidence and in terms that are understood. He is genuinely concerned. Keeps a smile on his face. Honest. He followed up with my life threatening condition even though he was not my primary physician. He will take his time and explain and reassure any worries a patient may have. He actually took time on his break to come over to me and my family sitting in the waiting area by Tim Horton's in the hospital and answer questions for myself, my husband and my children. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. He will take care of you. More doctors should pay attention to this kind of personal care. The kind that makes patients people.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Had surgery and was ok but trying to get him to fill out and sign forms and then return them was awful

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Had to see him in the er and he was very friendly, helpful, seemed to care and gave me his full attention, was very clean on my next steps and even took the time to ask about my kids. Seemed like a very humble caring person and doctor. Wish there were more like him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Could not complete a colonoscopy so then had to have a barium enema, not fun. Had basal cell carcinoma that he did not recognize as cancer, he biopsied it, told me results confirmed cancer but to wait 6 months as he "may" have gotten it all. Went to another doc who told me he did not understand why I was told to wait because the pathology report clearly stated that Dr Goosen had NOT gotten all of the cancer. Had to see another surgeon to have it removed properly. Want no more experiences with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012