Ratings for Dr. M. Goossen

Doc Goosen is a great doctor and is willing to explain everything in regards to the procedure.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

AMAZING DOCTOR will not let anyone else operate on me , SAVED MY LIFE!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr Goosen was my surgeon of choice for good reason. He is not only an exceptional surgeon but genuinely cares, is kind & compassionate. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had surgery in less than 2 weeks from the diagnosis. The care was exceptional. On two occasions he called me at home, providing me with diagnostic results, & answering questions. He is kind-hearted and exceptional in all realms of care.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

This doctor tells you don'the have medical issues when in fact I have had some of my issues for quite some years. I had to see this jerk of a doctor on a weekend. He had a trainee with him who was very nice. If I am ever in the hospital again and this butcher comes into my room I will tell him to get out

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Find Doc Goossen caring and very willing to share information. His bed side manner is very good.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I called his office and was informed that had the results of my biopsy and he waited three days to discuss them with me. He tried to console me with the fact that they were good results. I told him that he should have more consideration for his patients' feelings when they were waiting for three days in fear.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

One bad surgery 2 more. Before figured it ou that he not good surgeon plus aaagole blaming everyone else.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Dr Goosen saved my mothers life this summer when she had an obstructed bowel and another hospital failed to see the urgency in her condition. He operated on her at 3 am and saved her life. My family cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

The medical system has dragged me through he*l and back this last year and Dr. Goossen was a breath of fresh air! He genuinely cares (very much unlike my former GP) and is pleasant to deal with. He takes time to reassure, discuss, and for me it is huge that he was willing to honor my request to finish without staples and with steri strips and minimal stitching, when staples and stitching was the norm for my procedure. I was waiting quite a long time for my pre op appointment, but he was right on time for my post op and was amazing for surgery as well. SO glad I had him as my surgeon. If I ever need anything in the future, I hope to have him again.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I would not see any other doctor in the Brandon hospital regarding any GI concerns or issues including procedures and surgery. He is knowledgeable. He can answer any questions with confidence and in terms that are understood. He is genuinely concerned. Keeps a smile on his face. Honest. He followed up with my life threatening condition even though he was not my primary physician. He will take his time and explain and reassure any worries a patient may have. He actually took time on his break to come over to me and my family sitting in the waiting area by Tim Horton's in the hospital and answer questions for myself, my husband and my children. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. He will take care of you. More doctors should pay attention to this kind of personal care. The kind that makes patients people.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016