Ratings for Dr. Tom Smith Windsor

Not very knowledgeable. Too busy helping students to put his patients firsts.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Very nice doctor! But not knowledgeable at all!! Makes you wonder how he got his medical certificate....Always has to refer you, and has no idea how to read an ECG. Told me I had AFIB and then I referred myself to a cardiologist and he said no I don't not have AFIB....hmmmm

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Great Doc who teaches all the new ones! He is the Assistant Dean of Rural Family Medicine!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

Nice doctor But not having much knowledge. Never sure of anything always refer to specialist for little things .

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

When I was pregnant I was refered to Dr. Smith-Windsor from my usual family Doctor was would soon be retiring. I found him to be very laid back-- almost to a fault. I wasn't too sure what to think of him. I kept going, and I lost my first at 12 weeks. I found that he didn't really seem to answer my questions, and wasn't very compassionate. However when I was pregnant again, I returned to him and found his care quite adequate. I used to be upset that he was ALWAYS late, until I ended up in the hospital for 24 hours of labour. He was in and out the entire time. I now understoond that his devotion to his patients that were in greater need. I don't know when this man sleeps.... Others can complain about him, but try his shoes and see how you do.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

Overall, he's very good. Remember that he is a GP and not a specialist, so there are things he does not know a lot about. He will admit it when he does not know something and will give referrals to specialists. Excellent manner and is friendly, compassionate, and helpful. Some of the students he helps train may need more monitoring; had a bad experience with one. We go to see Tom and not someone just learning the business. Overall, he's excellent, and I'm thankful to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

Dr. Tom is such a wonderful doctor! I saw him when we lived in Prince Albert and I wish he would move to Regina so he could still be my family doctor. He is very caring and respectful and always does his best to help.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

I have seen this doctor for many years, and have always been treated very respectfully. He takes the time to really listen and does not rush through the appointment. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait to get in, but that comes with the territory when a doctor takes the time needed to talk with patients and not rush them out the door.I have never seen any of the moodiness that the other posters have mentioned. On occasion I have had the medical students and Dr. S-W always comes in after with the student to review everything that was discussed. I am very satisfied with the service I have received and I would reccomend Dr. S-W to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

He is my 88 year old father's doctor and I find him to care very little. Questions are vaguely answered and it feels to me that because my dad is elderly our concerns are minimized. When asked about Altzheimer's he told my Dad to spell world backwards, then prescribed a medication that caused him to be almost psychotic and no follow up. Our last visit was about a swelling under my Dad's eye. He suggested eye drops and if that didn't work then a nasal spray and if that didn't work he was out of ideas and it would have to wait until a specialists appointment 5 months away! My Dad could be blind by then.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr Tom was my family doctor when I lived in Prince Albert. The first baby he delivered in PA was my 16 year old daughter, and he went on to deliver my other two children.I found him a warm, compassionate man, and a wonderful doctor. I only wish he would move to Saskatoon so we could have him back!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2008