Ratings for Dr. Wayne T. Wolfrey

Dr. Wolfrey is fantastic. The front desk is horrible. When I do get to speak with someone they are rude. I called at 11:45 to speak with someone about my medical records. I was put on hold. They put me on hold for 15 min before I realized that they all went to lunch and the phone lines won't be back on until after 1. This is extremely rude and unprofessional. This is the only reason why I am changing doctors. I tried to stay with them because Dr. Wolfrey is so caring but I can't take any more of the staffs horrible customer care. They need to revamp the front desk and hire more proficient personnel that reflects the doctors more accurately.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Staff is the worst I've ever experienced. I've been bringing my kids to the Folsom office for 11 years and the office staff is getting worse not better. I really like the doctors but I'm so glad my youngest is almost 18 so we're switching to another doctor. The office personnel argues and blames you for everything. Recently when my son was so sick, losing weight over the course of a week, the receptionist told me to go home and wait for the approval from my insurance to get a cat scan, which was recommended by the MD. I waited for more than 2 hrs so I called the office to see if it would be much longer and the gal that answered said "we haven't even sent the request for approval in yet & that it wouldn't happen today". I asked why the desk person told me to go home and wait for a call, she said "that girl doesn't work in the insurance dept of our office". No apology, and gave an attitude of "it's my fault".I guess I should have known not to believe her. Unprofessional. I told her I was taking him to the ER then.Then over one week later I received a call from the imaging center saying the ct was approved by my insurance. My son was already treated and well by then.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

I really like Dr. Wolfrey, he listens and offers good advice. My 3 kids love him and they are really relax and happy with him... But his staff is HORRIBLE. They treat their patients and parents REALLY BAD, they don't listen. These people CAN NOT communicate respectfully and professionally to you by phone or in person. Also to say is the waiting time to see the Doctor, I understand that this doctor has other patients as well, but waiting over an hour and a half for a visit and you're out in 5-10 minutes, it's a lot! If your child has an appointment with the doctor, don't cancel ever for any reason even if you are dying, reschedule it is a nightmare. They have no option to be "in a waiting list " in case someone cancels. And usually the nearest appointment is two months after its original date. My youngest daughter is currently behind schedule with vaccines and check outs for having "no appointments available"

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr Wolfrey is an excellent doctor. He saved my Grandson life. When my grandson was born everything was going good. My daughter made an appointment when he was about 6 months old for a check up and doctor Wolfrey heard something in my grandson heart. He called the hospital right away and had everything ready for when my daughter and son in law and myself took my grandson in. Turns out that there is a part of the heart that always closes up when a child is born and for some reason my grandson did not. He heard the noise and right away did something about it. My grandson now is 13yrs old is great condidtion. Thank you Dr. Wolfrey for being an excellent and caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone who has a child. He is excellent with the children and with the parents. Once again Dr. Wolfrey Thank you so very much for helping my grandson out.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr wolfrey is such a great pediatrician! He treats the children and parents with such respect and always listens to our concerns! I agree about the office staff.. At least in Carmichael. But the staff in folsom are really great!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

Dr. Wolfrey is very nice but he has two offices and numerous patients and he does not monitor them closely at all. Lab results, medical charts, etc have all been lost by the staff. It is impossible to even get someone to answer the phone before 2 p.m. The staff (receptionists and LPN's or techs) are unknowledgeable and rude. They do not follow up with phone calls. Dr Wolfrey does not receive even positive test results resulting in dangerous medical situations. This is a terrible physicians office very poorly managed. Dr Wolfrey seems knowledgeable but it is hard to imagine how a thorough physician practice in such a dangerously disorganized medical clinic. I am a medical professional and the standards of this physician's office are unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

The office staff is horrible- they talked about their weekend for 45 min and while we waited with our 3 day old baby for 1 hour they came in to check on our paper work- that we had turned in 45 mins ago!!!! They would have known this if they would have been working and not talking about their weekends. When we went to pay our copAy- they couldn't take the money because our son was not in the computer yet!!!! An hour and 15 mins was not enough time for them to get him in the computer- and did I mention we were the only people there!!!! We changed Drs because of the staff not the dr. We are at dr. Garg in Folsom and we love it!!! And her staff is wonderful!!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Agree - His office could use a makeover and the staff at front desk could use some customer service training. But Doctor Wolfrey is great -

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Dr Wolfrey is fine but the front office is the rudest, worst group I have ever dealt with. I'm outta here.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

He is a fantastic doctor. We trust him completely. He explains everything. He is always kind and patient. I feel so fortunate to have a pediatrician we trust.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

Dr. Wayne T. Wolfrey's Credentials

• Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Omaha Ne 68198 (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Carmichael, CA