Ratings for Dr. Mark K. Doughty

He Listens and has no God Complex treats patient with respect

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I have been going to this practice for several years and have never been seen by nor have actually seen Dr. Doughty. I have always gotten appts with his PA's and have never seen him in the office. He is a bit of a mystery...does he actually work here? The PA's are nice and I suppose knowledgeable, although I have only been seen for sinus problems. I was prescribed an allergy nasal spray by them and was recently informed by my allergist that Doughty's PA had me on the child dosage rather than the adult. Despite never seeming busy, I always have to wait in the waiting room awhile before getting called back.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr. Doughty is a VERY caring man, and listens well. Thorough exams and effective treatments are the rule. Everyone in my family have been to see him for one thing or another. He is a hit with all of us. His PA's (several) have all been of the highest ranking, and also listen well. You will be seen as soon as possible, within the acceptable limits of an appointment time, and be afforded the same care and attention from the first visit to the N^th visit. A very good choice for a family doctor. The staff is just as caring and effective. I totally disagree with the detractors' views shown in other comments. Unless you are a narcissists who belives that doctors and staff should see only you and jump when you walk in, You will find that you are being treated fairly.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

If you come in knowing what you think is wrong he always agrees. He is good with alternative solutions but generally refers everything to others rather than treating himself. Nice guy but other doctors he sent me to have advised me I'm too fat, a fact he's ignored for the last 7 years. He treats the symptom rather than the cause.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

I have been using Dr. Doughty for about 18 years and consider him to be one of the best doctors around. His office manor is caring, as is that of his PA. His Punctuality is sometimes affected by the amount of time he gives each patient. But you will have the same amount of time with him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

First the "Staff" While they try to be helpful, there lack of preciseness , they make too many mistakes that we, "the patients" pay for. "Punctuality" I have never been seen on time and sometimes up to a 45 min. wait. "Helpfulness" Good only if you ask the right questions, been sent to have many unecessary procedures due to the lack of proper questions being asked or being just passed off to the next specialist, which is time consuming and costly for insurance and patient. "Knowledge" I think that the Dr. has the knowledge to help, but doesnt go out of his way to find the correct information befor recommending next course of action. New perscription policy only generates additional monies for his office, does not correct the problem that he is attempting to correct.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

As above, "thorough and patient". Calm and inspires confidence. Very important qualities for a patient who is wary of doctors in general. That he favors cowboy boots doesn't hurt. ;)

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

This Dr. is so thorough, and patient. A very good listner. He found a lump on my thyroid, that i didn't even feel or have symptoms. It tunred out to be a tumor. Great catch per my Endcrologist. In the process of next steps, but it's a great news story. My Endcrologist stated this type of problem is not usually found during a regular physical. His thoroughness mad the difference!!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2006

Dr. Mark K. Doughty's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Blue Hill, ME