Ratings for Dr. David Loewen

I have been a patient of Dr. Loewen for 15 years at least. He has consistently demonstrated excellent knowledge and helpfulness without ever being judgmental. A compassionate and caring GP, who while make you wait occasionally to see him, he is always willing to take extra time to hear any concerns. An outstanding family physician!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Hes been my doctor for about 10 years and he is awesome, for all the reasons you’d expect from a good person who is a good doctor. He has a wide angle view to personal health, he’s thorough and acknowledges the impact of anxiety about symptoms when there is uncertainty, and my only complaint is that he has good suggestions for every excuse I can think of for all my lifestyle choices, lol. But he’s not preachy! How does he do it? Very lucky to have him as my Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Loewen has been my physician for 15 years. I work with AHS and understand the pressures and constraints family doctors are working with in Calgary. Dr. Loewen is an outstanding family doctor who is knowledgeable, compassionate and patient. His staff are always courteous and do their best to 'fit me in' if I have a pressing concern. I am grateful to have such an excellent physician.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr Loewen has been my GP for years. He the most empathetic GP I have ever had. He is genuine, authentic and truly cares for his patients. He takes the time to answer your questions and is not afraid to say if he unsure of some form of treatment but is willing to find answers. The time he is willing to spend with patients is what affects his punctuality at time but not always. I would highly recommend him to anyone but I don't think he is accepting any new patients.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Loewen for years, and have been very happy with my care. He deals with my concerns, never seems rushed, and takes the time to fully explain the mechanism of whatever my current issue might be (Bell's Palsy, Asthma, answering questions about IUD.) He does my pap smears yearly, and despite my initial concerns about having a male doctor, I always feel comfortable with him - he also makes sure to have a female nurse in the room at the same time. If I have questions about something he hasn't dealt with before, he makes sure to look it up with me present, showing me what research is available, and engages me as an intelligent adult. I couldn't ask for more in a physician!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

doctor lowen is great he is good with the kids and awesom e with babys too. he is helpful and very understanding. he never disregaurds your personal wants ( such as using herbal remadies instead of perscriptions) he is promt and if you ever need to see a specialest you never seem to wait long for that either. he seams to have a ton of compitant assosiets in the medical field ranging from sugons to chiropractors just ask and he can help get yp on the right path. his staff are friendly and polite as well. his nurse can be grouchy at times but in that mothery kinda of way lol most days she is awesome to.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr.Loewen is a great Doctor. He takes the time to listen and he is very thorough. He follows up about previous health concerns. Their phone system isn't the greatest as you can be on hold for a long time, but he is worth it. I would recommend Dr.Loewen to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Great Doctor - terrible appointment scheduling - terrible communications - attitude of indifference on the front line - is this a buusiness or is it a public service I should be grateful for them allowing me to turn up in thier clinic and wait for someone to eventually notice I am there?

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

I wouldn't trade Dr. Loewen for any other doctor. He is knowledgeable, caring and actually listens. If he doesn't know the answer he is not afraid to admit it and refer his patients to someone who does, or find the answer out himself. He has really been in my corner through some trying medical issues. The phone lines are an issue as it is hard to get through but I have always found his staff to be courteous and prompt. They know my name, my history, my kids names, which I appreciate. Dr. Loewen calls me himself with test results that he knows I am concerned about and answers any questions I have, both on the phone and in his office. He and his staff are great, they do their best. I refer anyone to him, if he is taking patients.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Loewen is very knowledgable and friendly. I love the fact that when you go to his office by yourself he always asks how the kids are doing and remebers them by name! I would not trade Dr. Loewen in for any other physician in the world!! In rehards to the wait time when you see him that is every doctor's office in the city!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009