Ratings for Dr. Arun Dosaj

Very good doctor! Doesn't send you out for basic tests, short wait times, gets you in for appointments easily.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

This doctor gives out fake sick notes to people. License should be revoked. I urge someone to videotape him while he does this.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I have been fortunate to have this doctor . He is very kind , understanding and helpful . Janet is a great asset to Dr. Dosaj, thank you for taking me on as a patient.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Doesn't seem to care about his patients, that much. Seems to be more interested in making the money.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

My husband was put on Crestor the doctor put fear in to him that he could have a heart attack. I told my husband you were on them when we lived in Cobourg and got hepatitis from them what are you thinking? In spite of my warnings and bringing up articles about the adverse effects and that it isn't a good drug, he trusted him and took them anyway. Within a months he was complaining about his arm aching and the side of his stomach and he had drastic muscle loss. He went off them but the damage was done and he got very ill. I went with him to the doctors and sat in on the conversation. The doctor flipped through his charts and said how long have you known you had liver disease? I was floored! When we moved here why didn't he look at his history? That would've been entered on the last few pages from his doctor in Cobourg, not buried deep in his files. My husband had liver cancer and died 3 weeks later. Negligence isn't strong enough, criminal is more like it but like most doc's, this country protects them and you can't go after them and it wouldn't bring my husband back anyway.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr D was my physician years ago. I stopped seeing him when he diagnosed me with Crohn's disease within the first 5 minutes of the appointment and without sending me for any testing. He also lacks any kind of bedside manner. Unfortunately he is still my parents physician. My father had high cholesterol which he could not bring down with diet alone and he refused to put him on a cholesterol lowering medication, instead tried to sell him some herbal remedies which he so conveniently sells in his office! I tried to convince my father to report him to the College of Physician's and Surgeon's but he was afraid of the repercussions for himself.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I have gone to Dr. Dosaj for about 10 years and I travel a long distance to do so. He is so good that I haven't even bothered trying to find a physician closer to me. He takes all the time necessary to listen to what I have to say. Some people have complained that he doesn't spend enough time with them, but you have to realize that OHIP pays only a limited amount for a physical exam, and it's not fair to the doctor to tie him up for an hour without his getting paid for it. He is more knowledgeable than any other doctor I've ever seen in my life, and he is able to convey information in a concise, comprehensible manner.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Refused to request diagnostic imaging. As it turns out, when I went to a different doctor, I had a sever spinal cord injury requiring emergency surgery. This was not the first act of negligence up. He also prescribe fentanyl at twice the dosage amount. Had I not checked things out on my own first, I wouldn't be here. I guess he is trying to make up for his losses in the ponzi scheme in Florida. I believe it was called Hammerhead. http://openjurist.org/362/f3d/725/united-states-v-l-mccrimmon Glad to have my new physician that actually listens, understands medicine, and is respectful of his clients. Janet on the other hand is great. The most proficient medical admin, I have ever met.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

very bad bedside manner and absolutely no compassion for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

We are new to this area and have found a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor to be our family MD. Our first visit was pleasant we were given comprehensive care. It was direct and to the point. A quick note to the previous writers..if you are looking for someone to have lengthy, pointless conversations with your are seeing the wrong TYPE of doctor....they are called psychiatrists. Keep up the good work Doc!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012