Ratings for Dr. John Mosby

Dr. Mosby has been my Dentist since I moved to Lompoc, a little over a year now. However, he has been my Great Grandmother's (Marian), and Great Grandfather's (Pete - RIP) Dentist since.. I think since they arrived from the Philippines in 1969. Dr. Mosby is a dear old soul, often complimenting my teeth, and his staff advising me on how to prolong the life of them. I will continue to visit Dr. Mosby until I am forced to choose another Dentist, his dedication, reliability, and efficiency has endeared him to all those with whom he had dealings. - Matthew Alvarez-Limjoco

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

NEVER GO TO HIM!!!!im shocked someone of his age is still allowed to work in the dental field. his hands literally shake becasue of his age,he needs to be forced to retire because he is too greedy to quit. i went to get a cavity removed and he worked on me in a dark room with low light! after the horrible procedure i could feel jagged edges of my filling andd i ended up neesding a root canal due to his poor quality of work. youre choking on your tooth debris and terrified that he will drop the drill in your mouth. WORST DENTAL EXPERIENCE EVER HE IS A CONARTIST AND I AM SCARRED FOR LIFE BECAUSE OF THIS MAN

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

I've had two root canals and both crowns have fallen apart to the point now that I have no choice but to get bridges. I'm holding off and will go to another dentist to get it done when I build up enough courage. Each time I eat I have to use a toothpick to clean out my two broken "Mosby" teeth. That's what my family calls them.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

I went to Dr Mosby as a child thru my early teen years until I moved from the area in 1980..He was rough & borderline abusive and I suffered nightmares for years including extreme phobias of any dental procedures to this very day. Can't believe he still is allowed to practice. Unbelievable, simply, unbelievable ....

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

It has been many years ago, however the scars have been life long. He tattooed my gums, he never used enough Novocaine so when you jumped in pain he could say, you like that don't you? He was sadistic and seemed to gain enjoyment out of other's pain. He may have changed through the years but he made me so fearful to go to a dentist I am paying for it now. Not a nice man at all. Bonnie who worked in his office was a sweetheart, she passed a few years ago and will be missed. Giant thumbs down to Mosby.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Its been years since I have been to him but I have never forgotten!! He was rude and not happy that he didn't see any cavities on my e-rays and asked what I was doing here? I said preventative dentistry and then he said he found one small cavity he could fill for me and it ended up being the biggest filling in my whole mouth! It hurt for months! I never went back to him.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Today I took a client of mine to see Dr. Mosby to get a rotted tooth pulled since there was nothing else that could be done. First off he was rude and not welcoming at all. Then my client sat in the chair he rubbed some numbing gel then immediately injected the novacaine then immediately started yanking. My client was screaming stop it hurts it's not numb, yet he kept going. I then stopped him and had to tell him something is wrong she is saying it's not numb. He then called her a cry baby and said it's plenty numb, pulled her back down and literally held her down while she was screaming. I pulled her up and she was balling saying it hurts i can feel everything. Eventually he got the tooth out after dropping it down her throat and her choking on in. Worst dentist ever filed a complaint with the CDA board.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Worst denist ever and the staff was no better. They took xrays charged me a co pay when none was due, billed for a filling I never received paperwork everywhere including the floor. My insurance paid 50% for a filling I never received then they tried to bill me the other 50%. I complained for month, turned them in to the Ca dental board with no results. The board claimed there was no proof that the filling was not done in spite of the fact I had exrays from the denist who did the filling....

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011