Ratings for Dr. Kirsten Lorenzen

I was a patient of Dr. Lorenzen's for far too long. I have numerous health conditions and was desperate for help when I 1st started seeing her. Unfortunately I believed in her even after being put on medication after medication for all issues. Yes she was kind and compassionate for many years so I trusted her. Now I am getting well on my own due to weaning off meds that just masked the pain it has been very difficult and painful. I will not give up or give in up the fight to get well! Her answer to everything is to just prescribe drugs and give referrals that is it. I was under the impression that an internal medicine dr. was much more knowledgeable given the additional 2 years of medical school. Well I was wrong and I feel she is way past needing to retire. I feel very wronged by this dr. and feel she did me a terrible injustice. I was so sick I actually thought she was helping and not hindering me. Don't let this happen to you that is being brainwashed into believing in her. I guess this is what happens when one is so sick and depressed to trust docs like this one. I am now looking for a new doc thank God I finally woke up!! My health has improved but I did it on my own! Not only do I have memory issues now due to side effects but a very low threshold to pain as well. I now exercise eat well and have a fantastic psychiatrist and vow never to be duped into trusting someone who may be continuing to practice this type of treatment. Good luck to all suffering with physical and or mental illnesses please do your research. Do not rely on a dr. such as this one who I believe just stays in her field possibly due to monetary gains. God bless!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I have been with her for over 15 years and she is a very good doctor BUT her staff is less than helpful. My husband was dropped by her because he hadn't seen her in over 3 years. (due to loss of job, hence insurance). He was given NO notice. If he had been he would have come into see her even though he did not "need" to. He was just told he was dropped when he called to make an appointment. The staff gave him the run around and NEVER got back to him about whether Dr. Lorenzen would take him back. We have put up with rude, unhelpful staff, long waits, and even a grumpy Dr at times because it is hard to get a good doctor. She could have tolerated our difficult employment and insurance situation. I expect compassion from my doctor, not more struggles. I also expect better communication about "dropping" long time patients before so. Her practice is going down hill I am sorry to say.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr Lorenzen had a good staff at one time. Since she moved offices it's hard to even get trough to someone to make an appointment. I just called AGAIN and after a long message telling me they open at 8AM, the machine told me to call back during regular business hours. It's 8:32AM! This isn't the first time this has happened.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I was a patient for approx 10 years. In that time, each time I had an appt. I told Dr. Lorenzen and her staff that I was in excruciating pain from my neck to low back. I left her, Thank God I did. My neck was broken and sawing thru my spinal cord! They DID NOTHING to diagnose or assist me!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Great Doc. Have been seeing her for 20 yrs. She listens.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Amazing doctor and staff. Difficult to get appointments sometimes. Very good listener.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

Dr. Lorenzen is one of the best doctors I've ever needed.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Wonderful Doc and staff. They have always been extremely kind and always willing to give you extra time. Never like an assembly line.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Kirsten Lorenzen's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1988)

MAMSI