Ratings for Dr. Dara P. Aliff

Dr Aliff has always been exceptional. I caution people who read these reviews to understand that sometimes people completely lie. I work with her closely on the OB floor and I can assure you that the c section without anesthesia and almost dying NEVER happened. If any of her patients require emergency deliveries, it is no way her fault as most of the time that is completely out of the physicians control. I trust her completely as a patient and a long time labor and delivery nurse. If she was ever accused of not rounding on a patient post operatively, I can assure you it was because she was out of town and had arranged appropriate coverage.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Aliff was very kind to me in the beginning. I trusted her. My mistake. My epidural did not take. Horrible, traumatic C Section without anesthesia. I hemorrhaged after delivery and almost died. I never saw her during my 9 day hospital stay after delivery.

Submitted October 24, 2015

In the 4 years I had her as a doctor and visited her office 6 times, I've never laid eyes on her. I've been passed off to others assistants. Prescriptions refill requests are faxed into the office by the pharmacy and not refilled for days. This is a real problem when you are on birth control pills. They are never call back. The after hours answering service cannot help. They just tell you to call back during business hours when no one answers the phone.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I found the office staff to be very unorganized. They put you on hold and do not get back on the line when I call the office. I never received phone calls for lab work, or testing, etc. unless I called. I waited a good amount of time to see Dr. Aliff at every visit. Even if I got called back there in a short amount of time, I would be waiting in the gown on the table for way too long. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

office staff is horrible They never return calls or let the doctors know what is going on. I have been a patient with Dr. Aliff for 6 years and she delivered my daughter. She is Wonderful and so are Tara and Lao. I would recommend her to anyone but the staff needs to get it together.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Great bedside manner; Knowledgeable about a variety of things; Caring; Takes time to answer all your questions; Fairly punctual for appointments; Will follow your birthplan; etc. We delayed moving out of state so that she could deliver this pregnancy for us!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

I have to say that the staff is totally unorganized and unaware of things going on within the office.I never receive calls back when I am supposed to.The last time I was there,I had to go pick up an injection drug and return to have it administered.I went up and told them I returned and was asked to wait because the Dr was with a patient.An hour later I went to the window to see what was going on.I was told that the dr just finished with the patient.After getting in the room with the Dr,she apologized and said she was unaware I had returned,so the receptionist didn't even advise them I was there,I waited for an hour for nothing and lost pay during that time I was away from work

flag | Submitted August 5, 2012

I miscarried with this office. I had the most horrible experience. I never got to see Dr. Aliff. I only ever saw the PA, who never really listened to me when I would express how much pain I was in. I had pain from the time I got my d&c. I'm still in pain, but I already have an appointment to see another doctor next week. Others seem to have had better experiences, but mine were not good. The way the PA broke the news of my impending miscarriage was inconsiderate and cold. I'll never go back there.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I've never been to a more disorganized office. My 1st phone call to sched my first ultrasound has now been 2 weeks ago & I don't even have an ultrasound appt sched. I was asked to come in & do blood work. Did that & then they never called to tell me the results or sched my appt. So I called the following day & they said you need to get additional blood work to ensure HCG levels are rising. I said I will complete at CAMC Teays on Mond. morning. They never sched my blood work & so I waited for nothing. I had to wait for their office to open at 8am to notify them that they had not requested my blood work at Teays Hosp. I then went back at 11am & got my blood work & the nurse said it will be faxed within 2 hrs. No phone call. I then called to find out, they don't have it or know where it is at. They said we will look & call you back. No call back & still have no appt. I am moving on to a doctor that has more time for their patients & actually have qualified & knowledgable staff & assists.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Aliff and her staff is wonderful I have been her pt since she was a resident and she has always put me and my babies needs first I have had 3 pregnacies with her and I wouldnt change a thing. Thhe staff is great as well they know me when I call and if need aa appt quickly I am sure to get it I love them all.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Dara P. Aliff's Credentials

• West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Secure Horizons