Ratings for Dr. Deanna J. Attai

Dr. Attai is in the top of her field. My breast surgery was done with such skill and compassion. She has great people skills. She was able to calm me down with her reassurance that everything would turn out fine, and it did. I would give her ten's if I could. Love her......

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

compassionate, knowledgeable, great experience.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

Pre-op Dr. Attai "urged mastectomy," and stressed that I was "not a candidate for immediate reconstruction" because I would need post-mastectomy radiation. She was dismissive of the notion of lumpectomy for my large tumor. Grim pre-op diagnosis. She acknowledged (in her progress note) that I wished SNB only, no axillary dissection even if node positive. Epilogue: 1. Turned out to be Stage 1 tumor plenty of distance from chest wall. No need for post-op therapy. And for this I had mastectomy. 2. SNB resulted in removal of 9 nodes. Tissue identified as node #1 turned out to be 5 nodes, tissue identified as node #2 turned out to be 4 nodes. My comment to Dr. Attai: I had state-of-the-art 1970-era treatment.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

Dr. Deanna J. Attai's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)