Ratings for Dr. Tari Aganaba

My mom fell and broke her hip. She is 93. She went to hospital and the Dr. Did the surgery that day. He was very professional and answered all my questions. His receptionist was excellant!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

As an RN with extensive experience, I began researching opening in Dawson Creek. I find it horrifying that administration and his fellow MD's would let a guy with his reviews practice. There's no way I would work with an unprofessional surgeon like this. Shame on him and his colleagues.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Oh Dr Aganaba my old rival 14 years old I kept rolling both of my knees atleast once every month For 2 years my Dr in Fort Nelson kept giving me xrays, untill I was a 16 year old with attitude and found my my voice and demanded a solution. Within 6 months I was off to Grande Prairie for a MRI Within 2 weeks of my results I was booked in for urgent scope surgery with the not so lovely Aganaba Going in no one discussed what was going to happen, I never seen the surgeon, anesthesiologist, surgical nurse nothing. I was supposed to end up with 2 holes and be able to walk out with crutches Going in my preop nurse seemed friendly but laying on the table before I was knocked out they already removed my gound and exposed my breasts -horrifying for a 16year old - no warning anything Off to sleep shortly after that When I wokeup I remember a clock and I tried to move but I couldnt from the waist down Still drugged I panicked and started removing my monitors, hit a nurse that was trying to restrain me - sedated again Wokeup in post op Puking delirious not knowing which way was up or down Found out I had a cast from mid thigh to the ankle And was rushed to get up and pee so I could get out Again no surgical team to talk to me Dr Aganaba no where to be seen or heard from & discharged before I could stand up Fell back asleep on my wheel chair ride out to the car I was given instructions of exercises & how long to keep cast on etc 10 weeks of a cast having to get it changed twice Came back to dawson creek for my post op appointment Dr Aganaba was finally able to talk He sawed off my cast and instantly was aggravated " Why are your stitches in!your dr is a stupid man" " well i gave him my post op instructions and nothing was said about removing stitches" - laughed " 10 weeks with a cast thats just common knowledge " Then proceeded to cut my grown in stitches and yank them out When asked to stop for a second kept going Now I understand grown in stitches hurt and are going to hurt but A. Bed side manner goes a long way B. If you hate your job then quit C. When a child asks you to stop your hurting me you stop and reassure that everything is going to be okay and proceed But hey those are just my rules for being a decent human being 12 years later I am needing both of my legs done once again & the second they mention dawson creek I say no thank you I refuse their services id like to go to GP or PG I know of atleast 3 other surgical patients that had simular experience - one lady had the same leg done by Aganaba 3 times and is now going to GP for a 4th Let the guy retire, hes in it for the cash and ass Hope you enjoy the beach Sincerely traumatized 16 year old

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Did knee replacement for me about 5 years ago im very happy with outcome he's a very busy guy but if you ask questions he has answers can seem a little short but i think it's just his way

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I went in for knee surgery after a car accident. I have been having problems since, some very gross (won't share so j don't gross you'll out) I have called may times to make an appointment and I've been turned away but a few times where he has told me I need another surgery but then refuse to give me it. I called 1 month ago and was told within and few days I'll get and call to make an appointment, never did. I called to day (many times) and when the front lady answered the phone (side note super nice lady) she told me that he had received the letter from the family docter aand that it's not important and I'll possibly eventually get to see him again! Not impressed at all!! Don't recommend him at all ever!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Front staff lady excellent. But the doctor himself, didn't seem to have much compassion, nor the time to deal with a complex fracture. The surgery was not successful, dealing with MANY issues post operatively. Do not recommend this man.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

How long does it take to get called in usually after you were told you needed the hip surgery. He said up to 6 months but wondering if it could be quicker?

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I found Dr Aganaba, to be professional & courteous. I would recommend him..

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

First of excellent lady at the desk. Dr. Aganaba was not so much. It's been just over a year since my surgery. I'm doing my ankle stretches, wearing my brace and taking it very easy on my ankle. In just over a year I have been back on crutches 3 times for several weeks each time. When your with him you feel like a number not a person. I wouldn't recommend him to an enemy. Very unprofessional. Please don't do what I did and see the first person available, I know it's next to impossible for many but wait to to someone in a bigger place like Van or Edmonton

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

I had an ankle surgery from this man. Went for a check up after surgery, he was teaching students and barely paid attention to me, very inpersonal. As he was walking out the door I asked if I could go back to work and he yelled back yes. Was sent to work way earlier should have been. Took a very long time to feel even comfortable and no limp. Well after a year and have to do it all over again. The his time with a different Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016