Ratings for Dr. Robert T. Semba

Wish I would have read his reviews before making An appointment for broken ankle. ER sent me to Parkview for follow up and permanent cast. He stood at door (should have left right then and there) & said wasn't broken despite rad reports. Never examined me...just stood & talked from doorway..took temporary cast off & put me in a (nurse put me) in a bandage for a sprain...was back in a few days & put me in airport just in case! Then weeks of therapy and several more visits & more therapy...now months later ankle still hurts...but I can at least walk. WOULD NIT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

After visiting two other orthopedic surgeons I had decided upon Dr. Semba to perform my total hip revision surgery. Unlike my first disastrous experience with another physician, Dr. Semba has performed nothing short of a miracle. I couldn't be more pleased.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Worst service ever. Staff not helpful or friendly. Dr Semba has the worse bedside manor of any doctor I have ever dealt with. When I was in the hospital he stood at the door of my room and never came closer. I don't know how he could examine me from across the room. Had a hip replacement in 2005. I was better before the surgery. Wish I never had the surgery!!!! I would not recommend Parkview Orthopedics to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Excellent doctor, takes his time explains everything. My husband had back surgery 11 years ago and all pains gone. No problems since. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I was referred to this doctor by a hospital ER. I saw the doctor the day after Christmas for lower right leg pain. Doctor didn't even examine my leg or watch me walk. When I say he didn't examine my leg, he didn't have me even remove my pants to look at my leg. Instead he stood across the room at the door and we discussed my problem. Then he ordered MRI and EMG tests. After my tests were performed, I had my follow-up visit two weeks later. Same type of visit as the first visit. Again, he didn't examine my leg, he stood by the door and discussed my test results. All he did was prescribe more meds and told me visit the pain clinic if my problem continued. I ended up getting a second opinion from another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

the office staff was great, helpful, and courteous. The physician is a different story. He spent very little time with me, did not explain my condition, treatment, recovery, or expected outcomes. He viewed the x-rays and MRI films that I brought to the visit while he was in the hallway outside of the exam room. He then walked into the room and told me I needed to wear a cast for 2 weeks and then walked back out. No introductions, no explanations, nothing. The only way I found out what type of fracture I had was by reading the MRI report that I brought to the appointment with me per the doctor's request.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

I was and still am having moderate to severe pain in my wrist. He brought me into surgery to remove a ganglion cyst. In the recovery room I was awakened to his voice saying, 'Well, we opened you up and didnt find anything'. One misdiagnosis was enough for me to go elsewhere...

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

CHECKS YOU VERY CAREFUL. REPORTS TRUTH AND TELLS YOU LIKE IT IS. HE HIS VERY NICE ,LETS YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. VERY HELPFUL TAKING WITH MUCH CARE. THIS DOCTOR IS THERE TO HELP GET YOU BETTER. CLASS AAA DOCTOR , ONE YOU CAN COUNT ON.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

dr. semba was a really good guy, you could tell he wanted what was best for hi patients. however, unfortunately, his treatment process for me was unsuccessful. i do not think it was his fault that things did not work out, but i did have to go in a different direction after my treatment with him, and so it was really just a big waste of time and money. he seemed very knowledgable though, and he was always friendly and personable too.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2007

Dr. Robert T. Semba's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Palos Heights, IL