flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Thoughtful, quiet, no nonsense doctor. If you are needing hand holding...perhaps this is not the specialist for you. However that said...he is very confident and very, very competent.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. is O.K. Staff is no good, unfriendly, confused

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

After waiting a long time for an appointment I was told my bilateral ear pain "It is what it Is". He only looked in both of my ears and dismissed me saying there was nothing wrong. Today I saw Dr. Lau and couldn't be more pleased by a thorough exam and diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Bosch has problems!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I've had something going on causing inflammation under the eye and in front of the ear for about a year. After waiting a long time to see this Specialist, he told me to "live with it". I see there are 45 ENT Specialists in Calgary. I'll choose to go elsewhere. Good luck to you, Mr. Specialist.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I was triaged for an appointment and had to wait 8 months. I felt that was too long and called the staff. They put me on the wait list and got in much sooner. fortunatley nothing was wrong and i now understand why i was triaged for 8 months.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I had surgery very recently to remove a benign polyp from my throat. At first was worried if polyp was cancerous or benign, unfortunately still waiting to find out for sure. However, it was a pleasant experience in surgery with Dr. Bosch with both a visit before and after, as well as anesthesiologist to make sure I was okay! I would recommend his service for those not superstitious!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I have heard very good things about Dr. Bosch, and he does seem to be a good doctor who knows his stuff. But he certainly doesn't have much bedside manner, and in my opinion he was looking at me as just a throat, and not a real human patient with symptoms and concerns. If you want your problem dealt with, great - but don't expect much sympathy or love from the man!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I have been a patient of dr Bosch for over 6 years now. If you are looking for a dr who is the best in his field then this the the dr for you. Sure wait times can be long but there is a reason for that and it is not his fault blame the Canadian health care system. I work out of town and am gone a lot of the time. They have always been very accommodating to my schedule. I have never been treated rudely at all by him or any of his staff. I have nasal polyps and he has treated the condition effective and with professionalism every time I have seen him. He is always willing to answer any questions or concerns I may have.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I have seen Bosch more than once. The first time he was pleasant and was a happy person. I had read some very bad reviews and thought it was the person who wrote the review that had a problem.....Nope....Dr. Bosch has a problem....The second more recent visit he was extremely rude and did not care that someone else was in the room...like his behaviour was to be accepted. Attitude,and a condescending tone looses my respect immediately.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. J. Douglas Bosch's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A very cool, stoic but wonderful surgeon who saved my life. Love him to death, pardon the pun."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Thoughtful, quiet, no nonsense doctor. If you are needing hand holding...perhaps this is not the specialist for you. However that said...he is very confident ..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. is O.K. Staff is no good, unfriendly, confused "

October 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "After waiting a long time for an appointment I was told my bilateral ear pain "It is what it Is". He only looked in both of my ears and dismissed me saying the..."

June 6, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I've had something going on causing inflammation under the eye and in front of the ear for about a year. After waiting a long time to see this Specialist, he to..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was triaged for an appointment and had to wait 8 months. I felt that was too long and called the staff. They put me on the wait list and got in much soone..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery very recently to remove a benign polyp from my throat. At first was worried if polyp was cancerous or benign, unfortunately still waiting to find ..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have heard very good things about Dr. Bosch, and he does seem to be a good doctor who knows his stuff. But he certainly doesn't have much bedside manner, and ..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of dr Bosch for over 6 years now. If you are looking for a dr who is the best in his field then this the the dr for you. Sure wait times c..."

September 17, 2014