Ratings for Dr. Michael Murphy

Dr Murphy is a scourge on the health and welfare of the seniors stuck with his “services” in Evansburg. A class ‘A’ clown whose only agenda seems to be pushing boat loads of pills down the throats of the elderly so he can rebook and rebook and rebook to get his $. Also likes booking them in for bogus lab work/CT scans and ultrasounds on their speens out of the blue with no pre appointments or complaints to lead up to these exams. Unfortunately controls the acceptance of seniors trying to get help to gain admittance to the good Sam, if they are in good physical health but their mind is gone, good luck because they won’t be accepted if they don’t need Murphy’s fistful of prescriptions. The nurses there even say, “You need to play along with Murphy unfortunately...” As for the younger residents that have seen him for colds/flus his favorite thing is to tell you to quit smoking, whether you have ever smoked or not. Get this clown out of our town.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

you can call the office in Evansburg for days and get no answer or explanation for prolonged closure. they are only in 2 days a week and making appointments is a struggle. when you make an appointment for first thing in the morning, dr murphy is late. i could not convince dr murphy that my blood pressure was high and i needed my medication changed. i took readings for 2 weeks 3 times a day and averaged readings of 180 (upto 210) over 110, but he said it was fine. if he cant figure something as simple as blood pressure medication how smart can he be about other diseases?

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Have been with him for over 20 years and found him to be very professional and thorough. He will not prescribe medication until he is absolutely sure of the problem and will order whatever tests are necessary to determine the correct diagnosis. Dr Murphy is straight to the point and will not pull any punches in terms of what the patient has to do to contribute to his/her wellness. I like this approach and also his dry sense of Humour!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

All he talks about is come for medical all the time and get weight off a bad Doctor going have to find new one

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Due to the severe shortage of MD's in drayton and the high amount of patients, I'd say the effectiveness of my appointments have been great! He is always the last Dr to leave the clinic, and the first back in the morning. His commitment to care is bar none in DV. Aooarently the other commentators want a Dr that is godly in his approach; we're all human aren't we? And alongside this, he is an amazing contributor to the community as a whole - his generous heart has helped many groups and organizations and families without the acknowledgment that many would have demanded. From my personal observations, he's treated my family and I well over the years and for his tireless commitment, we are extremely grateful!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. Murphy is a decent doctor. If you are sick he tries to make you better. That being said he is arrogant and condescending and his superior attitude can get in the way of your best possible treatment. I was a patient of his for 20+ years.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I cannot believe he is still practing medicine. I have done my duty as a concern citizen and reported his abilities to medical staff. It scares me to know that someone like him is taking people's lives in his hands. I have dealt with doctors for many years, and have worked with many professionals and have never seen anyone like him. I just hope that when patients and staff see how his behaviour and lack of knowledge and very extreme lack of care for patients, that they have the courage and mostly the duty to report him....This man is extremely dangerous and needs to leave the medical field. Please if you encounter a situation that seems very awkward and strange and even think he may be under the influence …leave and see another family doctor and report your concern to him or her and get information on how to contact the medical board. Your concerns and care is very important and you must know that you have the right to be treated fairly and properly.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

I was looking for a new Dr in DV and unfortunatly picked Dr Murphy. He was extremly rude...treated me liked a drug seeking adict because I was on pain killers for an ongoing chronic pain condition. Basicly treated me like garbage even when I broke down & told him I just wanted his help. He said I was "running my own show" and wanted nothing to do with it. I would not recomend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

I unfortunately met him in the hospital Emergency Room. I had had surgery on Mon to get my left ovary & fallopian tube removed. On Friday, I went to Emerg cause I was having severe pain in that area & had been told by my Edmonton surgeon to go to the nearest hospital(which is Drayton) if that happened. I went & was put in a room right away. 30 min later a nurse came in & told me Dr Murphy would be in soon, he was just on his lunch break. When he finally did show up he said" Oh you have a tubal pregnancy there." I said" Thats not possible...I just got all those tubes removed 5 days ago." He said "No. Im positive its a tubal." I said " I have nothing there! And I certainly havent felt sexy in the last 5 days!" He was postive & sent me for a pregnancy test. When it came back, he was SHOCKED that I wasnt pregnant! What a nut job!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

I have seen him twice now. He is abrupt and to the point, I could see how that would upset people. I went in to see him because I couldn't see my regular Doctor at the time to see if I had a yeast infection. Never had one before, just heard lots about them and figured I probably got one. He did a complete exam plus asked me if I would have VD, I said "NO". He then told me to check back with my regular Doctor in a week for the test results and to put Lanacain on to ease the itching and burning. Lanacain I said, well okay. A week later I saw my regular Doctor, he was surprised at the idea of "Lanacain" and that he never even treated what was most likely a yeast infection and that I was still itching and burning. What he had checked for was VD, I was mad, I told him I did not have VD so I found it most embarrasing that he did that.The nurses at the clinic saw that, what are they thinking now. sheesh Oh, it was just a yeast infection, cleared up in 3 days with the right meds.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008