Ratings for Dr. Catherine E. Hylwa

Going to Dr. Hylwa is like going to how a doctor used to be. She'll take as long with you as you need. If you need a hug, you'll get a hug. (Or two!) If you need bracing encouragement, she'll be there for you that way. If you need to talk something out, she will talk with you as long as you need. Hour-long appointments are not uncommon! She carefully reviews all of your results with you, telling you what it all means, so you're not in the dark about your own medical care. She isn't one of those doctors who groans when they see a list of questions. Instead she takes your list and makes sure she answers every question so you understand it. She was my mother's doctor as well, and she was fantastic to both my mother and me as my mother was dying of cancer. We couldn't have asked for a better advocate or more helpful and caring person to help us go through that process.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Saw Dr. Hylwa for 2+ years, when i went in she was always yelling at her staff and always seemed to have an attitude. If it had not been for that then I would have probably continued to see her. I now see a different physician in Colchester (Dr. Tandon) and she is a REALLY great MD.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Dr. Hylwa is AMAZING. I was with her for 9 years, and the only reason I stopped going is that I moved over 700 miles away (I'm tempted to stick with her regardless). She makes it a point to spend time dicussing everything with you so you understand what's giong on, and always has time to listen and chat about any issues you might be having. She also refers to the best specialists in the area. I sing her praises to ANY and EVERY one I meet!!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Dr. Catherine E. Hylwa's Credentials

• Univ Di Roma-La Sapienza, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Roma, Italy (Grad. 1992)

• BCBS Massachusetts