Ratings for Dr. Wolf J. Erlich

He's all about himself in it for the money diesnt even remember what he said last visit and changes his diagnosis

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I too had a horrible experience with Dr Erlich. I'm always tired,have unexplained weight gain, dry and cracking skin, memory issues, water retention... All classic hypothyroid symptoms. My MD ran a regular thyroid test but nothing extensive. He refused to do more extensive bloodwork. I told him that j have been dieting and exercising for almost a year and the scale hasn't budged. Per the guidance of a nutritionist , I eat 1200 calories a day and he told me that I have to eat less and exercise even more! Not only did he refuse to run additional bloodwork, but I felt very uneasy in his office. I consider myself to be an educated person and I left his office feeling humiliated and still with no answers.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I got referred to Dr. Erlich from another doctor who found a problem with my thyroid. The staff was very friendly and I loved Dr. Erlich, he was so personable and easy to talk to. We discussed my thyroid problem and he wanted the necessary blood work done. I do the bloodwork, go back to his office in 2 weeks for results. He said my sugar was fine, not why I was there. When I asked about my thyroid test, I was told no test were run for that. WTF?

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

My experience is terrible. He is fresh. Something wrong with this man. I cannot type here what he said and I am not a wimp. No one scares me but this man did with what he said.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I would not recommend Dr. Erlich to anyone. At the time I saw him, I was having symptoms that were out of control and sought him out for help. I told him I had no control of my body, had been gaining weight, was depressed, my skin was changing, my heart had been having palpitations, my skin was flushing, my blood pressures and sugars were up and down., and that I thought the problem was my thyroid. He basically told me I was crazy and that my symptoms were related to anxiety and stress. I told him no I know something was wrong, and he told me to look into prozac. I had to basically beg him to get blood work done and give me an ultrasound and it was as if he did not want to be bothered. Two weeks later, I was back in his office for results. He made me feel like an idiot because blood work for thyroid levels came back normal, and then proceeded to yell at me because the ultrasound showed a nodule and now we would have to get a biopsy and how I just opened up a can of worms for him. OK wow. Well that was the last time I would walk into his office again. And three months later, after dealing with another endocrinologist who actually listened to me and gave me the right blood work and testing, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. People.... health is everything. If you know something is wrong, dont let a Dr. laugh at you, call you crazy, and tell you its your anxiety. Listen to your body.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

His secretary might as well tell you to get out. She was the most unfriendly woman I have ever met greeting patients. On the phone, she sounded like she just woke up. Deep voice and one word answers. How about smiling you miserable human.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. Erlich is very unprofessional. After 5 visits this man has no clue about my medical issues. Every time I try to speak with him he tells me to either shush or shut up. (Yes he said to shut up.) He explains nothing, and when I question him about what he said I was told to stop being dumb. The sad thing is he has said things worse than I wrote, I just will not write them for his sake. I have been sick for 10 years with a lot of issues but no diagnosis and the fact that he will not even let me talk to let him know other parts of my medical history and he will not talk to me like an adult is totally uncalled for. I am really surprised no one has sent a complaint to the medical board. So now I need to find another doctor and start all over again. Not happy at all!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I wouldnt trade Dr erlich for the world. He always listens, can make me laugh when I need to and recommends good courses of medicine or therapy that are meant just for me.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

At first I found him very friendly, but after a few visits I found that he was very annoying and child like, actually trying to play games with me, sing songs, talk politics etc., instead of listening to my issues. I first saw him when my GP sent me to him for Graves Disease,he promptly sent me off to have my thyroid radiated with iodine, promising me good health , and never explaining any of the long term side effects. Of course, I should have checked this out b-4 trusting him, but I was so sick for many years b-4 this....all my symptoms had been diagnosed as mental health issues, and I was desperate to believe he could cure all!!! He refuses to listen, actually walks out of the room if I question him on his thoughts, will not answer any questions!!!! After my last apt. I left crying, humiliated, angry and depressed, with NO answers! I won't be going back to him, and would never recommend him to anyone!He is a horrible doctor!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I'd been sufferring painful arms/ shoulders 3 months after starting to visit Dr. Ehrlich. He simply picked-up my arm and claimed that my shoulder had seized up. He acted like a 2 year-old-spoiled child during my last 2 visits because I, and other doctors, disagreed with his medicine prescriptions. He actually stormed-out and just told me to stop taking the medication. After 3 months of sufferring, I went to the emergency room. They told me that the problem was from the muscles, not the bones. Never in my life, had I seen a medical doctor act this way.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

Dr. Wolf J. Erlich's Credentials

• Univ Instelling Antwerpen, Fac Voor Geneeskunde En Farm, Wilrijk (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Wallingford, CT