Ratings for Dr. Donald L. Turner

I don't know where to start. It was bad bad bad. The doctor sat across the exam room and made notes. He never touched me, he didn't want to look at my foot, which I had a complaint about. I wish I had read reviews beforehand because I see so many others with the same complaints. The biggest one is he would have me come in for additional appointments for the same issue or to go over results like to say "your vitamin D is A bit low*. I can be told that over the phone. Every time I came in and asked for suggestions, he would say " we will go over that next time". I fell for it 3 times before I finally left, same issue, he just kept asking me to make another appointment. I was told they were referring me once. I never got a call. When I called to see what was up, they told me I needed to come in again and have everything redone because some time had passed. Ridiculous! They then, without getting rechecked as I refused, changed their plan completely and never had me go to a specialist. The doctor himself said everyone needed fired in the office. Honestly he seemed just as bad. Once while waiting for routine blood work, I saw them put my file on the wall above me. I was bored and curious so I began to look at it. After all, it's my file, right? I didn't get far. I saw that they had notes that my breathing was normal, etc. They never listened to my breathing with a stethoscope or even touched me. A nurse came and snatched it away from me saying I can't look at it and that it is property of the office. What else? I had issues with my annual exam. The insurance would tell me certain screenings were covered but the doctor's office would tell me they aren't covered. I would call from the waiting room and ask the office to speak with the insurance as I was tired of relying messages and being told by the office that it wasn't covered. They wouldn't talk to try them. I left crying. It was so frustrating. I didn't even have a lot of issues, mostly routine stuff. I can't imagine people that had to go often. The reviews on this site are fairly good but read ratings on other sites, they are bad.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Turner has been my doctor for a long time. The most important thing I can say is that he has never turned me away. If I call and have something urgent, I am always scheduled and handled immediately. There are some longer wait time because of this, but when he sees me that day instead of making me wait several, a little wait is not so bad. Also, I he has referred me to several specialist that were really good, one caught an inner ear problem that was driving me crazy.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr.Turner was the rudest ,most inconsiderate Dr. I have have ever had the unpleasure of going to I went for a test, they had me scheduled for the wrong one.While the billing receptionist was setting me at the right place for my test, this ignorant Dr came bursting in the room and told my Mom she was not important right now, and the receptionist had to leave Mom standing there to take care of something MORE IMPORTANT.That was rude,inconsiderate and down right ignorant.Every patient is important, there was NO excuse for lack of manners.Mom is now looking for a new Dr.One more responsible and concerned about the welfare and health of his patients.I would revoke his license,but he is already so old, he will probably be dying soon anyhow

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Good to go to if you have issues that 90% of the population have, and like to get an appointment quickly. I can't recommend this practice to anyone who has issues more complicated than your humdrum every day stuff, or who values decent communication. The nurses flippant, dehumanizing demeanor is something I was stunned by, and the fact that that sort of behavior is tolerated at this practice points to a lack of respect for at least some of the patients. Maybe they could use a class in how to treat people with basic human decency. This is a service industry!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Excellent Doctor. I have been a patient since 1979. Always takes time to make sure I understand diagnosis. Will refer to very competent specialists.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2010

Dr. Turner has saved my life by ordering the correct tests. I had a Brain Tumor and Brain Anuerysm at the same time.I would not have lived another day. He has been my doc for 22 yrs and he is up there next to God. His heart is good,and he cares.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

stay away from this doctor,

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

dr turner was an excellent doctor. he was particularly helpful to my son brian whom he correctly diagnosed very early saving him much distress growing up. Thanks donald

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

He has been my Doctor 28 years and has sent me to the right specialist. Only two misses in all that time. It takes awhile to get in to see Dr Turner but his diagnosis is on the money.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

Dr. Tumner is to my mind the best failly practice physician I know. I have been his patient for over 40 years. His dedication to his patients is unmatched by any physician I have ever relied upon for my family and myself. True, sometimes to accomodate his other patients, a wait may be required. But, it has always been worth the wait to consult with him. I have also always found his staff very qualified and concerned for us patients. This doctor is a treasure!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2007

Dr. Donald L. Turner's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1961)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Huber Heights, OH