Ratings for Dr. A Cohen

Dr. Cohen has been my family doctor for many years. Until recently he was great. However, upon recent visits he has been abrasive and dismissive of my issues. Despite multiple attempts to tell him of my symptoms, he's brushed them off and instead spent time laughing away with other patients. His negligence resulted in my recent hospitalization. With some patients he takes 40 minutes and others he is done in 30 seconds. Marianne is a gem and too good for this place.

Submitted May 27, 2013

Dr. Cohen has been my family doctor for several years now. He is appearing rather lazy and abrupt these days. He's discounted most of my medical issues the last few visits only for me to find out that it was something serious from a recent hospitalization. Marianne is still a gem but I am definitely considering another family doctor!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Dr Cohen is the best. I have been seeing him for 25 years and hope he never retires. He is funny, knowledgeable and really listens to how you are feeling. I live 45 minutes away from his office but would never be able to switch doctors. Marianne is fantastic, and that is putting it mildly.

Submitted February 10, 2011

Was referred to Dr. Cohen at an extremely vulnerable time in my life. His compassionate, caring, knowledgable and yes, humerous ways helped me deal with the cards I was dealt. Always fit it when needed most, while sick and not a week later, which is a bonus. Marianne is the icing on the cake!

Submitted October 12, 2010

I've been his patient for around 30 years,he's very kind and he cares,I can talk to him about anything and really is concerned,I consider him my friend,Way to go Doc.

Submitted February 20, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Cohen's for the past 30 years. He treats you as a human being first and then a patient. Fabulous bed side manners and very funny. Listens attentively to his patients and never rushes you. He gives you the time you deserve and his notes are very detailed. Dr. Cohen is very knowledgeable and while he has been practicing for many years he is current on modern medical practices. Always bang on with his diagnosis and quick to refer to the best specialists in the city. I wouldn't trust my personal healthcare and that of my family to anybody else. Truly a great man and amazing doctor. Office staff Marianne is amazing too. Always smiling, polite and helpful. They work great as a team and never turn you away when you most need him. You don't have to wait a week when you're sick. While the office wait times can be long, his hours are amazing and he starts early and closes late. That says a lot about his dedication to his patients. Best doctor in the city.

Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. A. Cohen was very nice to take me in and I told him I have a disability and I left the doctor I had in Port Perry. I asked him if he wanted to see my medical file and he said no. I told him I can not have/ be prescribed Amitriptyline because it is addicitve to me - he said it wasn't. I know what is addictive to me. I overdosed on it. He was so nice and helped me get great surgery for carpal tunnel and a lump in my arm. I had to ask for a vitamin B12, Hep which he said yes, thank-you. I had to ask other dr.'s for ultrasound's and when got them back, he never contacted me. I had to make an appointment to find out. I found insensitve to my disability and he did not know what medication I was given by a psychiatrist and I asked him to phone the phamacy where I get the prescription filled. He told me too many dr.'s where looking after me. Maybe if was more informed about my medical problems, I will not go to other dr.'s. He did not continue with results from ultrasounds. I still hurt.

Submitted April 19, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Cohen. It appears to me this doctor can be best described as assembly line doctor with no proper schedule. They always give me an appointment at 11:45. His office is over crowded and people stand outside. Actually, his office is health hazard for many people who are cancer treatment. Dr. Cohen also acts like he knows everything and continues to second guess specialist. While he appears to have good manner, his skill set as GP is zero. After so many years practicing, he still accepts patients so he can make more money but he has no regards for his patients well being.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

I agree with the comment about his (excellent)diagnostic skills. We took my wife's grandmother to him because she kept complaining about chest and gut pains that no one could figure out. One specialist suggested she was hypochondriac. He ordered some tests, did a physical and figured out she was constipated!! A little of the right medicine and Bubby was as good as new. At the time my wife and I didn't have a doc and asked him he we would take us. He did and 27 years later we are still with him because we can't see being with anyone else. And Mary Ann is excellent; always courteous, caring and always fits us in. Sure you may wait an hour but after you leave you don't care because you've been well cared for.

Submitted February 3, 2009

Ive been going to dr cohen for over 20 yr, i couldnt imagine what i would do if he decides to retire,he never turns you away and always listens to your problems without rushing you.I had surgery, he showed up to see me before i went under because he knew i was so nervous. im glad he did cause i was scared to death literally but when i seen him i was fine, thats how good of a doctor he is. marianne marianne not enough time or letters for me to say how great this women is.i look at her as dr cohens other half( at work that is)i pray to god this man and marianne stays around for a very long time.you can see cohen loves is job but more importance he loves his patience moreeeee.well thats how i feel.keep up the amazing work dr cohen and marianne.

Submitted September 17, 2007