Ratings for Dr. Frank Spano

Very disappointed with Dr Spano. Was very little help and got the bum rush from him. Got to big to any personal service. Changed doctors after 18 years

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Front desk staff always seems annoyed, as if they are too busy to help. They always have an attitude and its almost impossible to reach them on the phone. They take messages but you never receive a phone call back. Might as well find a new doctor or go to an urgent care, sadly you will receive more care and compassion there.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Best Physican I've ever had, very detailed oriented . Makes sure he gets it right the first time. Also very knowledgeable on sublements. Will not prescribe meds that his specialty does not encompass such as physcotropic drugs. After leaving his office, I feel as though a family member has treated me. My entire family now sees him. Glowing reports from MD's and Nursing staff at Bridgeport Hospital

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Our recent experience with Dr. Spano’s office has been unbelievably bad. We recently switched insurance companies and while this is routine occurrence, Spano’s office seemed both unable and unwilling to help. My wife has suffered from migraine headaches since the early 90s. Through years of trial and error, she’s found Zomig to be the only effective medication. Despite this knowledge, and multiple pleas for help over a three week period, Spano’s office refused to call the insurance company (BCBS) to authorize a three month supply which was required. The office staff members quipped smugly that they “do not call insurance companies”. What a completely absurd stance for a doctor’s office to take. Finally after three weeks of poking, someone got tired of taking my wife’s calls. The pharmacist (nice as pie) share with us that the office worker(Stephanie) commented that she never wanted to hear my wife’s name again. Is this the way any patient should be treated….ever? Astounding!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr will not prescribe antidepressants or anxiety meds and tells you to go see someone else. very unhappy about this

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Best doctor I've ever had period he takes time with you every appointment I've never had another doctor near him in anyway

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

I've seen him for routine and emergency care and always get the best advice, he is compassionate and truly one of the best docs out there!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

There are not enough stars to correctly rank Dr. Spano. He is by far, the best Doctor I have ever known. If he did not take insurance, I would pay whatever he asked because he is worth much more. He has literally saved my childrens lives by being proactive and knowledgable. I am in the best medical hands I can be in and trust him completely.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Doctor does not accept Medicare patients? Unbelievable. My father made an appointment with Dr.Spano, one day before his appointment, his office called to tell him that Spano does not see medicare patients. Did not help to refer him to someone else. My father had to scramble to find another doctor, when he was finally seen by someone else, he was very ill. My poor dad had a staph infection, that infiltrated his artificial heart valve, and had to have the replacement done again, in NY. The head of the infectious desease department at Columbia Pres. Weill Cornell (one of the best hospitals in the US)told us if this had been caught only two weeks earlier, the staph infection would not have gone to his heart. My father lived a terrible life for one year, and then passed away. If Spano's office had told my father at the time the appointment was made that Spano did not accept Medicare, he would have had the opportunity to get to another dr, not three weeks later, and probably would be alive!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

He is one of the best around! But because of insurance company squabbles, I'm loosing him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Frank Spano's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Trumbull, CT