Ratings for Dr. Shelby Karpman

Complete waste of time. Didn't check x-rays already done. Then sent me back to my family doctor to start the process for knee replacement. Just pressed my knees on either side - that was the extent of his examination. Will I go there again - no. Would I recommend him to anyone else? No.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Not sure about this doctor went to see him about terrible shoulder pain and all i got was cortisone shot's and that he moved to 101st. I tried to make appointment to see him and 8 days later got a call saying cause he moved I would need a new referral waste of time if you ask me

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Couldn't possibly care less about my health. I had been a faithful patient since day 1. Came to see him regarding a shoulder pain. He gave me a shot of cortisone. It didn't work so he sent me for TWO more within 2 weeks. Told me x-rays were only needed if surgery was required and that I was fine. I went to the Glen Sather. Ended up having surgery 1 week after seeing the surgeon for a complete supraspinatus tear. No thanks to Dr. Karpman. Saw him in the airport prior to going to the U of A Sather clinic actually. He shrugged and said it was arthritis and that there was nothing I could do. I think possibly a letter to the College of Physicians and Surgeons is in order regarding his cavalier attitude. Full thickness tear didn't warrant his attention. Never late for an appointment but he doesn't give a darn if you're not an elite athlete. Then don't be a GP, Shelby! If you hate your job and the patients who pay your salary, do something else! You caused me YEARS of pain until surgery. Terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I have been with Dr.K for 10 years or so. I love that he listens to my issue or problem and always asks me what I think it might be too. Then once he has an idea of where to go from I always feel I get the right treatment. I have always felt comfortable with Dr.K. I love his secretary who has been there forever! Mrs. M. Always makes me feel valuable when I call to see about an appointment. I have been really lucky to usually get in the same day for an appointment. Dr.K also participates in an doctor exchange or rotation program and I have received treatment from his colleague and felt happy and confident with her too. Overall 100% happy with my doctor!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Great staff, and the most helpful staff ive ever met

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

a. Got the appointmnet quickly.b. Dr. Karpman saw me in a timely way. c. He didn't even try to get a detailed history. Most parts of my medical history are not on the netcare. He spent milliseconds in examination, did'nt share his conclusions or proposed actions. Will I go back? Should you see him?

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Friendliest staff ever. Karpman has never steered me wrong. Knowledgable. I'm not generally found of doctors, but he is great.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

This guy is great! If you are an athelete this is who you need to go see. He has such a wide range of knowledge in sports related injuries and really helped me get back to my full potential in my sport. He is usually on time and respectful of my questions.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Very laconic patient communication. Does the usual billing trick to get approval every 6 months for prescription renewals but he says two words, no check up on symptoms you take the medication for and he is out the door in a flash. Not overly inquisitive or indicating he wants to know the context. May be good sports guy but as a GP he is as cold as a fish and family is not in his vocabulary. If I can find a more caring and compassionate GP I will move.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

Dr. Karpman is a great DR. he is knowledgable and continues to up grade his knowledge regularlly which is why he is often gone to symposiums. He specialises in Sports medicine. I have dealt with this Dr. for more than 20 yrs. in this time i hav edeveloped a great repoire with him, he has a very good sense of what is wrong and ho what is wrong with me at a given time. i firmly believe that DR. Karpman shows genuine empathy for his patients and wnat s to help th e person get well again. i would not hesitate to recomment him to anyone for anything. Hew has diagnosed issues that my Family DR. of more than 40 yrs has missed. I am prepared to place my long term doctoral care in Dr. Karpmans hand for good. he is a worthy man that i would trust to deal with anything.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011