Ratings for Dr. Sharon Barker

Sharon Barker and her staff have been very helpful. Dr Barker has helped me immensly with new symptoms I've acquired in the last couple of years.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Barker is a good Doctor. I seen her for the first time a couple of weeks ago and she made me feel very comfortable!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Barker is at Access Transcona now. I have been seeing her a couple of years since WRHA opened the clinic for Trancona residents. She has been wonderful to me. I suffer from depression and she is very understanding. The clinic is usually wonderful about getting a patient in within a couple of days of phone. If I can't see Dr. Barker I have see other doctors at the clinic.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

I saw Dr. B for about three years about problems with my menstrual cycle. At 20 years old I had my period a hand full of times. All she did was prescribe numerous different kinds of birth control pills (that didn't work properly for me) and tell me I couldn't have kids. I could not find another DR. so I stopped seeing her when her practice moved. I got a new Dr. and found out THOUGH TESTS (not by guessing) I had Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (quite common) and that I would have DIFFICULTIES getting pregnant not that I couldn't. Doctors should NOT be guessing what is wrong with their patients. So unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Hours to wait, only to be rushed through. Was incorrectly told I didn't need a Pap test at 26 because I was still a virgin. She made no note in my file of the breast cancer of my mother but did make a note that I had lived in Calgary? Then, poof, 'retired' without a word. Definitely the worst doctor I've seen.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

I started to see Dr. Barker at Maginot clinic and then followed her to her practice downtown and I am now lucky enough to be able to go to Access Transcona. I think Dr. Barker is a wonderful Dr. She was always very busy but seem to give the time that was needed during my appointments. I found her to be very knowledgeable and easy to talk too. I am thankful for such a great caring Dr. I know the waits downtown were long, but I know other people had their concerns to discuss too. It wasn't like Dr. Barker wasted time, she was very efficient and I found my time with her was used well.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

When she was in Windsor Park she was my family doctor who was to deliver my baby. Her OBS experience was so limited that she missed noticing that I had too much amniotic fluid (should have been notices when i was too big for my dates). Also my membranes ruptured after she recommended that I use internal medication for what I thought was a yeast infection. My son was born 2 months early because of this. So if you are into waiting and being rushed out. She will be perfect for you. I hope she doesn't miss stuff when she treats you!! Oh also, at anygiven moment she likes to dump her old practise without telling her patients so you might want to start looking incase she decides to leave you in the dust without a Doctor too - like she did to many of us....

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008

I didn't start seeing Dr. Barker regularly until I became pregnant in 2004. The wait times were regularly in the 1-2 hr range - I always called ahead to see what time I should come in. I used to be so frustrated about the wait times until I delivered my son and Dr. Barker spent most of the morning there with me. Then I realized why she often ran late. It was comforting to have her there during that time and she was always helpful, returned my calls and fit me in when I had concerns or illnesses during my pregnancy. She did have a "tell it like it is" manner, but I mostly appreciate that in a doctor. Sometimes she did seem rushed, but I think she was likely overloaded - a common problem for family drs in Winnipeg.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

this doctor did not retire.She is located at access transcona.Where no one but transcona residents can see her.She was always late and not very good with physical exams.Some times she was very short with her patients.I guess probably due to being overbooked.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

Recently I visited Dr. Barker for the first time at Access Transcona. She was caring and very considerate. My visit led to a follow up with a specialist which was within a week. A very good experience and I will continue at Access.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2007